Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnLT Play By Forum: Heroes Against the Red Star #9 Down Time (PLAYERS NEEDED)

Rydo

Wasted shot. Don't Op.

I'd suggest as the last moves:

- Move the tank in S11.

Then we can open fire with the squad+squad and mg at the squad that tried to hit our leader.

Ty Snouffer

Medic completes its move

Soviet impulse. Orders?

image.png

Rydo

We may move the tank on S11 or Open fire with the squads in Q9 to M8.

What do you think Barth? I can't think of better moves. We may get that shaken squad but that hero is bothering me...mmm...

Barthheart

Staff member
How about we move the 2 GO squads and the mg to R10 then to upper level R10.
Even if the hero op fires then it will not be adjacent and we're in the heavy building.
B getting to the upper level we severely restrict the hero's movement because as soon as he moves he'll be adjacent to R10 or in melee in P10. In both we have the advantage.
If we win the init we could fire from R10 or melee from P10.

If the hero fires we could then move the tank to Q10, unbutton and try to shoot the hero.

Rydo

How about we move the 2 GO squads and the mg to R10 then to upper level R10.
Even if the hero op fires then it will not be adjacent and we're in the heavy building.
B getting to the upper level we severely restrict the hero's movement because as soon as he moves he'll be adjacent to R10 or in melee in P10. In both we have the advantage.
If we win the init we could fire from R10 or melee from P10.

If the hero fires we could then move the tank to Q10, unbutton and try to shoot the hero.

Unbutton the tank is very risky.

I'm ok with your movement even if its very risky, in melee we have a column disadvantage...this move could end the scenario if we fail.

Let's give the order Cpt. Barth and hope the dice gods are with us :)

Ty Snouffer

TURN 3

Soviets move MMCs and SW to top of R10. US Hero attempts OF but with NE
US Shaken unit retreats.

Soviet impulse. T-62 and Shaken MMC in Q9 are left

Orders?

image.png

Rydo

What we should do with the tank? I think S11 but there may be other more appropriate places for it?

Barthheart

Staff member
Moving it to S11 is a safe bet. We might get a shot at S13 next turn but have to wait for them to fire or move. If S13 move to reinforce the melee in R13 then we have not shot again for the turn. But it does help to protect the Capt. in the street....

AM the tank to Q10, pointing at P10/P11 hexspine, and fire at the hero in P10. Since the hero fired he is spotted even for a buttoned tank so we don't need to unbutton. But it's not adjacent fire since the hero is on the upper level. If we don't kill the hero and we don't get the init then the tank is really exposed to the hero's LAW....

Maybe AM the tank to N8, pointing at M8/N9 hexspine, and blast the GO squad in M8. It would be an adjacent shot so lots of modifiers....

Tough choices....

Rydo

Moving it to S11 is a safe bet. We might get a shot at S13 next turn but have to wait for them to fire or move. If S13 move to reinforce the melee in R13 then we have not shot again for the turn. But it does help to protect the Capt. in the street....

AM the tank to Q10, pointing at P10/P11 hexspine, and fire at the hero in P10. Since the hero fired he is spotted even for a buttoned tank so we don't need to unbutton. But it's not adjacent fire since the hero is on the upper level. If we don't kill the hero and we don't get the init then the tank is really exposed to the hero's LAW....

Maybe AM the tank to N8, pointing at M8/N9 hexspine, and blast the GO squad in M8. It would be an adjacent shot so lots of modifiers....

Tough choices....

The problem is that if we move the tank on the northern sector we will loose the south-east one. If in the next turn we can have the initiative then we can hope for the melee but if we will not get it then the squad+leader will probably reinforce it and in this case is game over.

The tank in S11 will provide some sort of "protection" against the incoming US forces in the south.

If the shaken squad stacked with the leader will rally then we still have a chance. If they fail then...

We have an adjacent fire and a 5 firepower pointed at the hero, i think they can manage to eliminate it.

I would follow your suggestions with the tank VS hero thing but i'm concerned about the southern sector...we may lose 4 VP easily and then get cornered...

I hate that dude that tried to help his comrade and started all of this ;) ( Scenario description! Yes, now i have this game! ).

Rydo

WAIT!

What about AM the tank in Q11 pointing to Q10-P11?

What do you think about that? We will not give the hero an adjacency bonus...mmm...think about it and let me know :)

Rydo

[ Order ] = T62 assault move in Q11 pointing to Q10-P11 and opfire on the hero.

Ty Snouffer

TURN 3

T62. AMs and fires on US Hero. MG = NE. Main Gun = NE.
US out of impulses. Soviet impulse. Only shaken unit in Q9 left.

Orders?

image.png

Barthheart

Staff member
Sorry at the cottage until now.

So yes. [Order] Move shaken squad in Q9 to R10.

Don't forget out Acquired marker on the hero.

Ty Snouffer

(Acquisition Marker added. Thanks for reminder)

TURN 3
Soviets move Shaken MMC to 1st floor of R10
EOT

TURN 4 (of 5) (Current Score Soviets 10 - US 9)
US wins initiative. No Rally Attempts. Soviets fail Rally check in Q12.
US impulse. Hero fires at floor below but NE.

Soviet impulse. Orders?
Current state
image.png

Rydo

Sorry for not beign there for a few days, they're weird weeks now but i'll try to be present as before.

I too think it is better for now to shoot at the hero with the squad in lower level.

Then it is crucial we get the turret of the tank facing R12 because if the US try to get out of building we can OPfire in the open.

Maybe before firing with the squad at the hero is better to move the leader in the melee hex and try to win the melee before the US leader and squad can reinforce.

I'd say resolve melee. If we activate the leader we can move him and the shaken squad somewhere else ( they can double-time with max 4 movement points, 2 for shaken+2 double-time ) and then resolve melee.

What do you think guys?