Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Looking for PBEM opponents (Vassal)

TerryB

Hi guys,

I've recently been playing lots of games using the solo module, but miss the interaction with other players.

As I don't have any other local player options, I was wondering if anyone would like to play using Vassal at a leisurely pace (one/two impulses per week).

I have and would be interested in playing (in no particular order) Heroes of Normandy, Heroes of the Falklands, Heroes of North Africa or Heroes in Defiance.

If anyone's interested you can drop me a message and we can try and arrange a game.

Have fun!
Terry

Hello Terry, do you already have someone else lined up? I would be up for a PBEM game at the leisurely pace you suggest.

ChuckB

Hi Terry,

I'm certainly a newbie (both with respect to LnLT as well as Vassal) but if that doesn't sound too horrible for you, I'm very much interested in playing (and learning) PBEM. I think the pace of PBEM would allow me to look up the rules if I'm unsure but I would be interested to understand, how opportunity fire works when playing PBEM?

Chuck

TerryB

Hello Terry, do you already have someone else lined up? I would be up for a PBEM game at the leisurely pace you suggest.

Hey Pratik,
Thanks for the reply. I've sent you a message with my contact details, so we can choose a module and get going.

Have fun!
Terry

TerryB

Hi Terry,

I'm certainly a newbie (both with respect to LnLT as well as Vassal) but if that doesn't sound too horrible for you, I'm very much interested in playing (and learning) PBEM. I think the pace of PBEM would allow me to look up the rules if I'm unsure but I would be interested to understand, how opportunity fire works when playing PBEM?

Chuck
Hey Chuck,

Thanks for the reply. I've sent you a message with my contact details. I learnt much of the game on vassal too, and it does afford you the time to think about your actions without having your opponent glaring at you while you weigh-up all the options.

As for Op. fire, the way I've played it before is pretty simple: I make a move and move one hex at a time. After finishing my whole move I send you the log (turn) file.

Vassal offers the option to play my file, step by step. When you see my units in a hex you want to Op. fire on, you stop the log, create a new one and perform your Op. Fire. After resolving the fire you send me the new resulting log file.

It's not a perfect solution, but it works. You can obviously see where my move ends, but on the tabletop you could also probably anticipate where my move would end also.

Have fun!
Terry

wokman2b

If anyone still needs an opponent, I am available for some battles. Anything in the collection is good to go. Drop a line if there are any itchy trigger fingers out there.

Rydo

If anyone still needs an opponent, I am available for some battles. Anything in the collection is good to go. Drop a line if there are any itchy trigger fingers out there.
I suppose there are and i'm ok too to play sometime but a full match not two impulses a week.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I am interested in playing PBEM VASSAL LNLT games, any modules. Playing one or two impulse a day is best for me, as it allows me to play at a sustained rythm without interfering on family and work time

wokman2b

I am interested in playing PBEM VASSAL LNLT games, any modules. Playing one or two impulse a day is best for me, as it allows me to play at a sustained rythm without interfering on family and work time
Lemme know if you want to start a fight. Can do a couple impulses at a time.

Ron Belcher

A perfect opportunity to learn & play LnLPT! Here is my list: Heroes in Defiance, Heroes of the Pacific, Heroes of the North Africa, Heroes of Normandy, Heroes of the Motherland and Day of Heroes. I have all the expansions as well for each of those sets. I am avail from 8pm until 6am Pacific (as I am in California), 7 days a week (unless family events. I do have 3 days or more in advance for notification. Rarely a up to the minute schedule change). Toss the gauntlet. I haven't played any yet. I'm always willing to though! ;)

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
A perfect opportunity to learn & play LnLPT! Here is my list: Heroes in Defiance, Heroes of the Pacific, Heroes of the North Africa, Heroes of Normandy, Heroes of the Motherland and Day of Heroes. I have all the expansions as well for each of those sets. I am avail from 8pm until 6am Pacific (as I am in California), 7 days a week (unless family events. I do have 3 days or more in advance for notification. Rarely a up to the minute schedule change). Toss the gauntlet. I haven't played any yet. I'm always willing to though! ;)

Hi Ron!

Are you willing to use go VASSAL PBEM, for 1-2 impulse a day, sometime more?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I am. Just be warned, I will make mistakes (I'll do my best to keep those to a minimum though!).

OK I'll get back to you tomorrow or Sunday at with a proposal. I have yet to play HoNA but HiD (of which I played only a few games) might be a more "typical" setting to start with

Anybody looking, I'd be interested in a PBEM game. I currently have Heroes of the Nam, Heroes Against the Red Star, and the Starter Kit. I've played a few infantry and support weapons only, but considering PBEM and I'd have more time to look up rules, I could venture into vehicles, etc.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Hi Charles!

I'm more then willing to play PBEM with you. This allow me to play one or two impulse every day, which keeps the game going without impacting on work/family. I suggest we start with a few Heroes of the Nam infantry scenarios, gradually adding vehicle in the fray, then choppers :) Open a conversation with me if interested and we'll work out the details