Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.
Namur - Bridgehead over the Meuse

Namur - Bridgehead over the Meuse 22.01.19

miya

miya submitted a new resource:

Namur - Bridgehead over the Meuse - What If scenario for CO2

Hallo,

years ago I created a map of Namur, Belgium and the surrounding area. Unfortunately I lost interest and forgot the file on my hard drive.

During the last weeks I returned to CO2 and finally I had an idea for a decent Command Ops scenario.

One major thought in this one is, I want to explore what decisions must be made by the commanding officer if there is not enough fuel to attack with all the available troops.
Please test it and make suggestions how to improve the scenario.

Copy...

Read more about this resource...

Bie

First things first, great job on the map. It is beautifully made and very detailed, I like it. Knowing the region a little bit I can definitely see the resemblances from reality. I'll probably take a shot at playing it tomorrow.

When you're done with it, be sure to upload it to Steam Workshop as well. The release candidate for the workshop will be for any days now.

Bie

I've played the first day as the Germans and I liked it so far. I've played it quite conservatively but still managed to secure both bridges and enter the center of Namur by nightfall. The bridge at Naméche was to well guarded and remained in Allied hands.

I've also taken a look at the scenario in the scenmaker. The OOB seems to be spot on for both sides. The (AI) objectives also seem to be well placed and their values make sense.

Finally I've also taken a look at the AI's more closely during all of the scenario and the Allies seem to put up a good fight in Namur itself. Naméche less so as the Germans tend to concentrate their forces on that side. Also the ebb and flow of the scenario is well regulated with the arrival of several waves of reinforcements.

All in all a great job. I'll be playing though the scenario some more and depending how far I get I'll give you some more feedback.

simovitch

Nice work. Have you tried "Peiper crosses the Meuse" from ROTV? Its a neat little fictional scenario where KG Peiper assaults the bridges in Huy with the assistance of Von der Hydte's FJ.

miya

Yes, I have played the "Peiper crosses the Meuse" scenario. It is very challenging, espacially as soon as the Allies start to attack the KGs from both flanks. It is tricky to find the balance between moving your KGs forward and still have enough troops to secure the objectives on the map. I like it.

Actually, one of the first ideas I made up was to assume that Peiper and the other KGs are successful in Huy. So after a few days reinforcements would become available. One or two axis regiments attacking from the northeast.
That seemed a little to much for me. so i discarded that idea.

miya

Hallo,

I used the standard estab file - BFTBEstab.coe.
Please make sure you use the game version 5.1.31, the one thats used on Steam.

Dordo

Very strange thing .. I tried your scenario with three different "BFTB Estab" 1) original Command Ops 1 2) from Lnl 3) from Steam

upload_2019-2-8_11-31-45.png
always same Estab error ... :arghh:

upload_2019-2-8_11-32-26.png

Program version 5.1.31 from Steam ..:angelic:... I can't believe ..:arghh:.. it is only a my problem :inpain: ?

miya

Well, I'm not sure what happened here or better said, I have no idea what the problem is.
I can only guess that there is something wrong with your files.

Perhaps you can try to load the "Mayhem on the Meuse" scenario in the Ride Of The Valkyries DLC. This one has a quite similar force composition, which I used as an inspiration. I am curious if you are able to load that one.

Very strange thing .. I tried your scenario with three different "BFTB Estab" 1) original Command Ops 1 2) from Lnl 3) from Steam

View attachment 7428
always same Estab error ... :arghh:

View attachment 7429

Program version 5.1.31 from Steam ..:angelic:... I can't believe ..:arghh:.. it is only a my problem :inpain: ?
My Estab for BFTBEstab.COE dated 24/07/2017 is 2928KB compiled.

Yours, dated 1/04/2015 shows as 2902KB and matches the size of your __BFTBEstab.coe dated 20/07/2015

Somewhere your Steam Estabs directory got out of sync with the version that is 24/07/2017 and 2928KB.in size.

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-8_12-45-25.png
    upload_2019-2-8_12-45-25.png
    650.8 KB · Views: 3

Dordo

Thanks Jim, Thanks Mija .. now the problem is clear .. I have two modules (Bastogne and Ride of The Valkyries) from Lnl just reinstalled ... and my newer version of BFTBEstab is 20/7/2015 ..:arghh:
Now I have just tried all scenarios from the two modules with Steam and they all perfectly playable ("Mayhem on the Meuse" comprised) with my old estab !!
I have not appreciated Steam version from start .:vomit:. only the thing that must be connected with Steam server and friend net is not a good thing for an old asocial like I am .. :bear: .. but I think that a version 5.1.31 is done only to force the use of the market of Steam ... and now a modification of the estab file show clearly that Steam don't add nothing to the game but create only confusion !!!:confused:

Thanks to all for your time .. and take distance from Steam !!! :)

Thanks Jim, Thanks Mija .. now the problem is clear .. I have two modules (Bastogne and Ride of The Valkyries) from Lnl just reinstalled ... and my newer version of BFTBEstab is 20/7/2015 ..:arghh:
Now I have just tried all scenarios from the two modules with Steam and they all perfectly playable ("Mayhem on the Meuse" comprised) with my old estab !!
I have not appreciated Steam version from start .:vomit:. only the thing that must be connected with Steam server and friend net is not a good thing for an old asocial like I am .. :bear: .. but I think that a version 5.1.31 is done only to force the use of the market of Steam ... and now a modification of the estab file show clearly that Steam don't add nothing to the game but create only confusion !!!:confused:

Thanks to all for your time .. and take distance from Steam !!! :)
The 5.1.31 version is a Beta Test version released by Steam to generate user feedback. Steam users have adopted it as a quasi-default software update when they create new modules. Comments on its utility and effectiveness have been collected and will be included in the new baseline C02 release, at present in a 5.1.37 Beta Test Team evaluation cycle.

I have no problem with Steam's efforts to push software into the user community, but do have a problem with the administrators at Steam neglecting to identify the purpose of releasing user Beta Test software and leaving Steam subscribers to differentiate between what has been released for "testing and evaluation" and what has been released to support commercial sales of modules.