Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

WaW85 pricing, postage to UK

BobD62

Hi guys

I was thrilled to hear of the World at War revamp, and understand that the series will be put up on KS at some point. I hope it does well.

However, I am alarmed by the prices quoted on the pages for Storming The Gap and Blood And Fury, at $100 and $125 respectively; and that estimated postage of one of these games to the UK would be $50 or so. Being in the UK, that would incur a 20% tax on the games' price and the postage, plus the handling fee charged for the privilege of the Customs people looking after the game for me until I pay.

First thing then: when the games are put on KS, will there be a distribution centre in Europe, or will everything be shipped from the US?

And secondly, are the games really going to $100+ each?? That will price me out straight away if so.

Cheers

--Bob

I ordered NAW series from second chance games in U.K. I believe they were shipped from Berlin so price was fairly reasonable.
Saying that I won’t pay £100 + for each WAW game.
I was disappointed with the NAW series overall. I think the rules are very good, probably the best around for ease and mechanics. The graphics are also excellent. The big let down is equipment types and numbers of counters. Whom ever was responsible for OOB’s and TOE for the series, to be frank, was clueless.
An example being 1940 Dunkirk Scenario fielding Cromwell’s, 17pdr ATG’s, long barrelled Stugs and PZ IV’s. Out of pushing 300 counters you get one Churchill tank. Quite amusing really.

Having bought two titles I’ve paid £100 for what in essence is a set of rules. Luckily I have a large miniature collection so I’ll use the rules for that.

BobD62

<q>1940 Dunkirk Scenario fielding Cromwell’s, 17pdr ATG’s, long barrelled Stugs and PZ IV’s</q>

I know it is only a game, but it is supposed to be based upon WW2, and that is beyond ridiculous. Thanks for the heads-up [note to self: avoid NAW]

It was just one example of many basic errors really. It’s a shame, particularly as the actual rules are IMHO one of the best sets around for playability and I’ve played most.
There’s plenty of info readily available with regards to TOE’s and OOB’s for both WWII and the 1985 timeframe for WAW85. Perhaps whoever is advising them on such matters should do a bit more research or even ask. There’s plenty of people with knowledge that would pass it on for free.

John Tiller Software do a series called Modern Campaigns, one title called Danube Front 85 is reasonably accurate for equipment and OOB’s for the 85 timeframe.
I helped build one of the available Scenarios called Bolt Out the Blue. We had military sources in pretty much every Nato Country and even an ex Soviet Colonel who served in GSFG during the early 80’s. The TOE is about as good as you’ll get.
My point being, this info is out there you just have to look a bit.

Karazjo

I feel the same way about pricing and shipping, all the way down to Argentina... It will be a small fortune for all eventual modules and expansions...
I´m scared about chiming in on the KS campaign because all the stretch goals unlocked so far will most definitely impact on shipping costs as well....

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Guys.

I went and put all the items but two into our 3" Deep box to give you our game weight and estimating shipping prices. Now I can't promise these are the final prices but this was deeply researched. The information below was taken right off of our Kickstarter page.

e6d338b919c44e93ae7d5467c7278071_original.png

We have hooked up with some great world wide fulfillment companies and be able to offer friendly shipping to most locations. Our shipping prices will be based upon approximately 5.0 to 6.0 pounds based on our estimated game weight and stretch goals. Shipping will be charged during your post-Kickstarter campaign survey on which you will fill in your shipping address. Our pledge manager will use your shipping address to calculate and charge you for shipping your reward. Listed below are the estimated shipping costs. These may vary slightly, depending on how many stretch goals are unlocked.

USA: $17 to lower 48 states for Storming the Gap, and ALL additional games.

$25 to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico for Storming the Gap, plus ALL additional games.

CANADA: $22 for Storming the Gap, plus ALL additional games.

EUROPE: $20 for Storming the Gap, plus a total of $10 for all additional games to Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.

$25 for Storming the Gap, plus a total of $10 for all additional games to Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland.

$35 for Storming the Gap, plus $10 for each additional game to Croatia, Iceland, Israel, and Ukraine.

$40 for Storming the Gap, plus $15 for each additional game to Turkey and Russian.

ASIA: $15 for Storming the Gap, plus a total of $7 for all additional games to China and Hong Kong.

$30 for Storming the Gap, plus a total of $10 for each additional game to Japan, S. Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam.

$40 for Storming the Gap, plus $30 for each additional game to Indonesia.

OCEANIA: $25 for Storming the Gap, plus $10 for each additional game to Australia and New Zealand.

LATIN AMERICA: $40 for Storming the Gap, plus $10 for each additional game to Brazil, Chile, and Mexico.

MIDDLE EAST: $40 for Storming the Gap, plus $10 for each additional game to Jordan, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates.

AFRICA: $40 for Storming the Gap, plus $10 for each additional game to South Africa.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Yes we do have EU shipping partners and there is a lot in the game. Remember the prices are our best guess until we print them. The game price is a close but still be slightly lower. Also the Kickstarter price is $70.00 including all stretch goals.

Hi guys

I was thrilled to hear of the World at War revamp, and understand that the series will be put up on KS at some point. I hope it does well.

However, I am alarmed by the prices quoted on the pages for Storming The Gap and Blood And Fury, at $100 and $125 respectively; and that estimated postage of one of these games to the UK would be $50 or so. Being in the UK, that would incur a 20% tax on the games' price and the postage, plus the handling fee charged for the privilege of the Customs people looking after the game for me until I pay.

First thing then: when the games are put on KS, will there be a distribution centre in Europe, or will everything be shipped from the US?

And secondly, are the games really going to $100+ each?? That will price me out straight away if so.

Cheers

--Bob

BobD62

Yes we do have EU shipping partners and there is a lot in the game. Remember the prices are our best guess until we print them. The game price is a close but still be slightly lower. Also the Kickstarter price is $70.00 including all stretch goals.
Hi David

Thanks very much for the info: Storming the Gap looks very impressive!

On a different note: if I pledge for two copies of the game, would I get two core boxes and one set of stretch goals, or two core boxes each with their own set of stretch goals?

Cheers

--Bob