Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Boards Storage Question

GreyKatana

Hi all,
I have the impression that as I unfold/fold the boards before and after sessions of play, it'll eventually start to wear out on the fold mark in the middle of board. My "Heroes of Normandy" is brand new and I can already see on some boards tiny dots of white on the middle fold mark.

Is it better to store them flat, but then I cannot store them in the box (kinda wish the box was a tiny bit longer)?
Also, I've heard some people play with the boards under a plexiglass. Is it worth it to protect the board?

Many thanks in advance.

ChuckB

Hi,

Using plexiglas is probably one of the best solutions if you have a gaming table that you can set up and leave for a while. I can't leave my games out there for too long, so I'm using this:

It's basically a large, clear envelop that you can get in different sizes. I have a couple for the large paper maps you get with most wargames (such as the one from GMT and other publishers) but there are smaller ones I use for LnL (I only use the X-maps). I have some that only fit one LnL 4k map and others that fit two of them next to each other for larger map setups. You can (of course) use both sides of the clear envelop and put two maps into them, back-to-back. The nice thing is that I also use them to store the maps.

Take a look, that may work for you - I like this solution.

Chuck

Rydo

Hi all,
I have the impression that as I unfold/fold the boards before and after sessions of play, it'll eventually start to wear out on the fold mark in the middle of board. My "Heroes of Normandy" is brand new and I can already see on some boards tiny dots of white on the middle fold mark.

Is it better to store them flat, but then I cannot store them in the box (kinda wish the box was a tiny bit longer)?
Also, I've heard some people play with the boards under a plexiglass. Is it worth it to protect the board?

Many thanks in advance.
Aside from noville and heroes versus the red star, the other maps are pretty small, just scan them in high resolution ( more that 300p ) and print them on a single unfolded page.

Yes, they will get torn in the middle as you'll keep open and close them.

I'm still storing them folded as i noted that the more i care about the components the less i play with them, so i just changed the way i was thinking and now i don't care anymore...or have a backup copy :)