Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Unable to Update Core Engine

Pvt. Snuffy

I have CO2 Core Engine v5.1.28 and The Cauldron module. I also have downloaded several user-made scenarios. One of those scenarios says I need engine v5.1.31. However, when I try to update it, I get the message that my engine is at the latest release already.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated.

I have CO2 Core Engine v5.1.28 and The Cauldron module. I also have downloaded several user-made scenarios. One of those scenarios says I need engine v5.1.31. However, when I try to update it, I get the message that my engine is at the latest release already.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated.
The 5.1.31 (Beta) update was released on Steam.

You should be able to get a Steam key for your LnL software to use that Steam utility to update the game.

Pvt. Snuffy

The 5.1.31 (Beta) update was released on Steam.

You should be able to get a Steam key for your LnL software to use that Steam utility to update the game.

Thank you that answer however, I have the game installed standalone, not on Steam. Was the latest version released on Steam before standalone?

You mentioned using a Steam utility to update the game, does that also work to update a standalone installation? It doesn’t sound like something that would work, but I really wouldn’t know.

ultradave

You can download the game engine free on Steam, and license your existing DLC on Steam. Then you will have a version with the newer game engine. Won't cost you anything. There are other threads on the forum here that provide directions on how to do that. It's pretty easy to do.

j235667

Thank you very much.

Do you know why the standalone game isn't at that version? Does LNL Pub. only do their Betas on Steam?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
LNL used to have their own programmer to work up their installer. They no longer do. Once we get this latest build done, we'll see what we can do to provide a solution. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. But it's relatively straight forward to access a Steam version.

j235667

Thank you for the answer. As a new user I just didn't understand your development model.

I have to say, aside from anything else, I REALLY like the delegation model you use. At least in my training, I learned that 5-7 entities is the most someone can efficiently control under stress. Some of the games want you to control over 50+ units at a time.

Thank you for the work you and the other debs have done!