Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

SITREP

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I think what it is is that the edges currently are brighter than the letters. I think that's because of the darker bits between the threads of the letters, whereas the edge is bound tight and even and the shadow between threads on the edge is not as dark. So maybe darken the edge altogether so the title letters stand out more.

BTW Richard, nice work indeed mate!

The Plodder

Oae08mZ.png

Bazza42

Oh Boy, if we can generate this discussion about an element on the 'intro screen' just imagine the posts when we get the beta release......

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Here it is over the main screen. We'll need one with a transparent background rather than the current black background. But it gives you a fair idea. When it is reduced the edges tend to blur. Is there any chance you could do them with a courser thread like the letters?CO2 In Game Menu Rommel v2.2 with Plodder logo.jpg

The Plodder

Yep, shouldn't be a problem. I'll centre the text and put a drop shadow under the patch too. If you tell me what size you want it, I'll resize it as well.

Daz

The lettering looks awesome, but the background looks a bit plastic.
Could it be made to look more fabric like?
I think the background of the patch should be a bit narrower in height, but keeping the lettering the same size as well.

How did you do those fabric fonts BTW mate, they really do look awesome..

Last edited:

john connor

My vote is with the second one The Plodder posted. It's more green, I think. Or the very first 'golden' version. They all look great though.

pekische

Guys, I am afraid that shoulder patch style for the main title is not the best option. This style doesn´t correspond to the all grafic style of the game and the main screen. This title is like from another game....

The Plodder

The lettering looks awesome, but the background looks a bit plastic.
Could it be made to look more fabric like?
I think the background of the patch should be a bit narrower in height, but keeping the lettering the same size as well.

How did you do those fabric fonts BTW mate, they really do look awesome..

I select the lettering, use an embroidery autotuber and trace the letters inside the selections, so it makes the letters appear stitched. I then get the lettering and adjust the opacity so the embroidery texture leaks through. I also give the letters and the embroidery textures a rounded bevel and then add drop shadows. I have to tweak hear and there to get it looking right though.

kipanderson

Hi,
Great to see this one is getting closer..
Very much looking forward to its release..
All the best,
Kip.

Daz

Some more lateral thinking on the logo its always nice to have options.

The A in Command is made from the A frame antenna mounted on the roof of a British truck in the Desert during the North Africa campaign I think.
Its placed on a tilted back map surrounded by a black shinny background.

Command-ops-logo.jpg

pekische

Daz, this style of title is much better than patch style! Mayby the trick with antenna truck is not quite clear. But this is nice direction for me!

john connor

I don't like it. Too tricksy and complicated for me, Daz. I think the shoulder patch is great now The Plodder has clarified what it actually is.

EdJaws

It's not a patch but I cooked this one up to perhaps fit in with the B&W image. I used the same colors as the Scenario selection screen for the background and the gold color from the panther on the right of your logo along with diffuse lighting on both.

monty_3.png