Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Greetings All - I have returned

MarkShot

I finally got a new PC which figuratively and literally "puts me back in the game".

I've been with Dave and this engine (RDOA) since 2001. I had just barely figured out something about ground combat (as I was a prop head) playing CMBO and I saw RDOA offered and it looked very cool. (This was Battlefront then.)

Well, I managed to consistently lose playing RDOA and ask a lot of really stupid questions in the forum. So, Dave did the only logical thing he could do to quiet me down. He made me part of the team! Dave really knows how to "think outside the box". :)

Well, I just wanted to say "greetings to all". I am back (simply as another player these days).

Greetings to all!

Bazza42

I finally got a new PC which figuratively and literally "puts me back in the game".

I've been with Dave and this engine (RDOA) since 2001. I had just barely figured out something about ground combat (as I was a prop head) playing CMBO and I saw RDOA offered and it looked very cool. (This was Battlefront then.)

Well, I managed to consistently lose playing RDOA and ask a lot of really stupid questions in the forum. So, Dave did the only logical thing he could do to quiet me down. He made me part of the team! Dave really knows how to "think outside the box". :)

Well, I just wanted to say "greetings to all". I am back (simply as another player these days).

Greetings to all!

Welcome back and thanks for your various 'tip sheets' on the older level programs as well as the nifty spread sheets!

Matt D.

Welcome back. I still use your guides from the 'old' series, very well done. Great to see you're back in action!

mg422

Welcome back! Is their anyway you could post some of your old guides on this site? Found that some of the links to them are no longer active.

MarkShot

Welcome back! Is their anyway you could post some of your old guides on this site? Found that some of the links to them are no longer active.

You can download them for your own use. Eddy converted much of the threads to PDFs. They are still available at the following locations. However, I don't see the HTTR Strategy Guide (to which I contributed) which was made free to BFTB owners.

Here is the other stuff. I doubt it will get officially posted here. As the following was either posted on Matrix discussion boards and/or part of a game documentation set, it is most likely Matrix's intellectual property.

http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.5070

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=554123 (The FTP server links are still good)

Agema

Welcome!

I will never forget that your guides were an invaluable help for me when I boarded the Panther Games ship back with HTTR.

JeF

Hi Mark,

Welcome back. Glad to see you here and in shape (as far as we can tell from the bits and bytes you're posting ;) )

rjantzi

You can download them for your own use. Eddy converted much of the threads to PDFs. They are still available at the following locations. However, I don't see the HTTR Strategy Guide (to which I contributed) which was made free to BFTB owners.

Here is the other stuff. I doubt it will get officially posted here. As the following was either posted on Matrix discussion boards and/or part of a game documentation set, it is most likely Matrix's intellectual property.

http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.5070

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=554123 (The FTP server links are still good)

As a new member of the Panther community I welcome any information I can get to help learn this system. I was able to d/l the document from replacementdocs.com but when I try to follow the links from the matrix site I'm getting a message that says the there is "no such file or directory". Has anyone else been able to d/l the doc's from Matrix?

mg422

Rjantzi,

What you need to do is go to the following page, and then select the right folder.

Page is ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/

There are 3 Command Ops folders on this page. One for bulge, one for httr, one for Aegean.