Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Explanation of overlay

DerGrenadier

Could someone please explain the armour overlay? I get every other overlay but not this one. What does it mean? Iam german so english is not my native tongue and maybe Iam getting something wrong. Armour means the protection of an vehicle, right? So how do I read the colours of the overlay then? Do they show me the cover of the area? What does the colours indicate?

MarkShot

I know what you mean. Don't feel bad. My first language is English, and I find Dave can be very confusing at times. :)

It may be that it is taking AFVs to be armor. Thus, half-tracks and armor cars are armor versus infantry on foot or with trucks. (meaning: not only tanks)

DerGrenadier

So does the Stug units exert control where the arrows point? And if yes do they do this by fire? Iam at a loss here.
1.JPG

MarkShot

It is a good question. I would compare the above with:

(1) The LOS Area ("K" key)

(2) ApFer and ApArm (The range rings for the unit's effective fire) (bottom display option buttons)

If the above seem to coincide with that data, then you have you answer. If not it is a mystery.

DerGrenadier

thx mark. Here is as you suggested. LOS Area and range rings on. This doesnt seem to fit for with the Armour overlay. Maybe dave has an explanation.
2.JPG

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Sorry for missing this out of the latest manual. I will endeavour to update it in due course (So many things to do at the moment!)

The Overlays for APer and AArm indicate the relative firepower being applied at the location. Remember it can come from more than one unit. Ditto for AArm but this time it is the based on the armour values of the units within range.