Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

CO1

bazjak

Hi
I bought CO1 from Matrix and was wondering if any of the moduals that you sell on here would work with CO1
Thankyou
Baz

Kurt

No . The good news is you can download the core engine for CO2 for free , it also comes with three scenario's .

bazjak

No . The good news is you can download the core engine for CO2 for free , it also comes with three scenario's .
Thanks for the reply
That means i will have to pay again for a game i already own just to play the other moduals
That surely cant be right
As i understand there are only cosmetic changes to the game which in any other game maker would have been into a free upgrade or an upgrade for a small price
Surely this amounts to stealing and has to be against the law
I will have to look into this to see if its legal

john connor

Lol, Bazjak. You don't have to buy anything, mate. You've got your matrix game and the matrix modules, so go play them and be happy. If you want CO2 - a different game - you can get it for free, though the scenario packs (some new, some reworked CO1 packs) do cost. Good luck with the lawyers.

Last edited:

bazjak

Sorry
Just letting off steam
Thing is i dont have the Matrix moduals
They stopped selling it on there just after i bought it there

john connor

That's a shame (that Matrix took that view, I think). But CO2 is way better than CO1, in my humble opinion - more than merely cosmetic differences. The 'cosmetic' differences to the UI are the main thing, of course, but they're so functional that they make a real difference in gameplay. And the engine is free, plus a couple of scenarios (so you can try it and see). It's true though that to get all the CO1 scenarios that were available you would have to pay a bit - but only what you would have had to pay to buy them for CO1 through matrix, if not a bit less. I would strongly recommend the new Westwall pack, which includes really gorgeous maps and some challenging scenarios with a great force mix.

Peter

bazjak

Thankyou John for the reply
I have just come in from walking the dog thats why i have took so long in replying to you
Yes i will do as you say and give it a try
Once again thanks to all who have responded
PS the lawyer bit was me being silly and stupid for that i apologise

Jeff Hatfield

That's a shame (that Matrix took that view, I think). But CO2 is way better than CO1, in my humble opinion - more than merely cosmetic differences. The 'cosmetic' differences to the UI are the main thing, of course, but they're so functional that they make a real difference in gameplay. And the engine is free, plus a couple of scenarios (so you can try it and see). It's true though that to get all the CO1 scenarios that were available you would have to pay a bit - but only what you would have had to pay to buy them for CO1 through matrix, if not a bit less. I would strongly recommend the new Westwall pack, which includes really gorgeous maps and some challenging scenarios with a great force mix.

Peter

Yea I own CO1 and missed the big sale I think last year on getting CO2 modules for much cheaper. Now I have to decide if I want to spend all that money again for what so far seems like cosmetic upgrades (they are cool though I agree) plus the ability to continue on with this series. Been playing the free core game of course.

Other then the Overlays and UI changes, anything else for CO2? Maybe there is a thread on this somewhere.