Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

First Graphic Look At Fire Team - Red Eclipse

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Fire Team: Red Eclipse, is a new tactical system by Lock 'n Load Publishing design by Steve Overton and game graphics by Shayne Logan.

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-27_20-26-35.png
    upload_2016-10-27_20-26-35.png
    750.5 KB · Views: 112
  • M!A1 Counter.png
    M!A1 Counter.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 117
  • M1A1-data.png
    M1A1-data.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 126
  • m203 GL-01.png
    m203 GL-01.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 106
  • russ GP34-01.png
    russ GP34-01.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 105
  • RussMRL attack.png
    RussMRL attack.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
  • T80 BV Counter.png
    T80 BV Counter.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 110
  • T80Datacard.png
    T80Datacard.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 115
  • US Hero card.png
    US Hero card.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
  • US Leader-01.png
    US Leader-01.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Fire Team - Red Eclipse Maps.jpg
    Fire Team - Red Eclipse Maps.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 128

sdickes

Would this system eventually support WW II era?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi,

I know Steve has a lot of plans for the Series and he has already done a lot of design work for WW2 but we are going to stay focus on the Modern era for now and see how the game does before we make any other comments.

David

WOW!
I have to say; really nice counters, indeed!
There are a couple of things that I'd do different, though.
First, tone down or mute the counter colors. That way the the text/numbers as well as the vehicle/personnel would really pop!
Second, make the vehicle a little more opaque on the cards, then make the armour numbers a little thicker. It would be easier to pair up the card and counter if the vehicle wasn't so see-through.
Third, I'd go with the yellow style vehicle counters but I'd mute the saturation of the yellow a tad, it kind of clashes with the rest of the counter GFX.

Those are my first impressions, take'em or leave'em. Any which way, it's GREAT to finally see some art done and generally I think those are by far the cleanest, clearest and best looking counters in a wargame, so far. Good job, Shayne!

berto

any relationship with fire team from west end game(1987),I saw the data of the counters is quite different.

Cantatta

The graphics preview is very cool, hopefully a rules preview won't be far behind. Really looking forward to seeing this game on the table. I'm a big military history buff, including this time period and all the various what-if scenarios surrounding the possibility of a military clash between opposing super powers of the era.

Steve Overton

any relationship with fire team from west end game(1987),I saw the data of the counters is quite different.

Yes and no. Yes, this game traces it's roots back to the West End Games version. No, in that most of the game mechanics have changed over the decades. It's a much refined system but has the basis the core of the older game. The Random Chit Draw dependant on the leaders status on the game board is still the basis for this new version.

Good Hunting.

MR

Steve Overton

The graphics preview is very cool, hopefully a rules preview won't be far behind. Really looking forward to seeing this game on the table. I'm a big military history buff, including this time period and all the various what-if scenarios surrounding the possibility of a military clash between opposing super powers of the era.

The rules are dependent on the graphics for the examples shown in them.

So, when the graphics are finished then I can input those into the rules examples quickly.

Good Hunting.

MR