Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Modern vs WWII era

TerryB

Hi guys,

Up 'til now I've been playing mostly modern era LnLT. But with the arrival of Heroes of North Africa I'm thinking of branching out.

Is there a list somewhere of the differences between Modern and WWII era rules. The only real difference I can see relates to helos...

Is there anything else I need to read up on?

Thanks in advance,
Terry

Barthheart

Staff member
If you are already playing the Modern rules the WWII rules are the same only without the modern equipment - helos, ATGMs, etc.
So you'll be up and running without even reading the rules and only missing the high tech modern weapons you used to play with.

TerryB

Excellent news! I'd looked at the two indexes and they seemed pretty consistent, but I wasn't 100% sure if there was anything that really needed to be looked at.

Further proof of a well designed system

Pelor

Question, I have the WW2 demo but I have yet to crack it open, my interest is in the modern era (demo for that one is not available), I understand modern has extra rules in dealing with stuff like helos etc, but is it more "complicated"?

I'm on the cusp of pre ordering Days of Heroes, but if its too complicated I may start with Heroes of Normandy... any guidance for this newb?

David Gray

Question, I have the WW2 demo but I have yet to crack it open, my interest is in the modern era (demo for that one is not available), I understand modern has extra rules in dealing with stuff like helos etc, but is it more "complicated"?

I'm on the cusp of pre ordering Days of Heroes, but if its too complicated I may start with Heroes of Normandy... any guidance for this newb?

I would say it has no additional complexity, aside from the rules to handle helicopters and the like.