Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Core rules and other questions

MichaelCD

Does the Core Rulebook include everything in the Beginner Game, as far as rules, or would you need to buy both to have all the rules?

I assume the Core Rulebook is just the book and nothing else?

And the campaign, Into The Long Dark Night, is just a booklet, no maps or counters, etc.?

Finally, will the Map Pack 1 be reprinted and is it the maps for Into the Long Dark Night?

Paul Lell

That writer guy
MichaelCD, thank you for stopping by and asking about the game.

The core rule book contains everything that is in the Beginner Game book, except the first chapter of the adventure, 'Into the Long Dark Night'. In terms of rules and general game play though, it is all inclusive of what exists in the Beginner Game book and also includes character creation, leveling, the complete equipment, Cybernetics, Genetics, Psionics sections, and so on.

The Core Rule Book is just that, with no other attachments or pieces, but it is everything you need to play the game, aside from a couple of dice, and some pencils and paper. Having maps, tokens, etc. is a definite enhancement to game play, but is not required.

The 'Into the Long Dark Night' book includes a short story introduction to the world and characters that are included with the Beginner Game (but are not required to play, and will be made available for download soon for those that want to use them), the three chapters of the story itself, and an appendix that has stats for all of the NPCs in the adventure, and maps of the ships and facilities the players will encounter. However, these maps are all small scale reference maps that are provided so that you as a GM can describe them to your players, use them as reference during play, or even use as models to reproduce them for use using your own supplies. No counters or other parts are included with that book.

Map Pack 1 is indeed the larger, 1" square scale maps from the 'Into the Long Dark Night' adventure book. There are 11 maps included and it will be reprinted soon, using single sheets so there will be no assembly required. That said, they are not only useable for 'Into the Long Dark Night' or even just Falling Stars. They are excellent, high quality maps useable with any 1"/28mm scale table top game.

Thank you again for stopping by and asking about the game. I hope I've answered your questions for you and look forward to hearing about your adventures in the Falling Stars universe. :)

MichaelCD

BTW, thanks for the reply. It makes sense. Looks like the rules are out of stock so my adventures will have to wait.

Paul Lell

That writer guy
Happy to be of assistance. :)

I know that new books have been ordered, but it will take a little bit to get them in. The decision was made to go with hard cover books, which will be great for players and the longevity of the book, but it does take a little longer to get them from the printer.

Hang in there and we'll get them ready to go as soon as is humanly possible. :D

BaronBlade

Why are there no enemies in the core book or creatures or any type of antagonists pre-made so I can jump right into GMing this monster of a game? I have no idea where to start or what to do as there are no antagonists to give me context to the universe its in.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi BaronBlade,

Funny you should ask, Paul, Blackwell and myself saw a comment about this just today and had a chat on this very subject. It was never our intent to leave this out but to develop this into a large group of monsters and villains for a future book. We have provided a starter game with premade characters, maps, and also an adventure to help get gamers into the RPG. But if you jump right into the core book edition we agree this can be an issue.

We are now taking some of the creatures and villains we have been developing and will provide them as a free PDF download. Many have already been developed so you can expect this VERY quickly. We are also going to provide the premade characters from our starter game with some monsters and villains. All of these characters will be presented as premade characters and offered as a free PDF download for all.

Let us know what you think.

David

MichaelCD

And I just bought the core rule book. So perfect timing! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Why are there no enemies in the core book or creatures or any type of antagonists pre-made so I can jump right into GMing this monster of a game? I have no idea where to start or what to do as there are no antagonists to give me context to the universe its in.

Hi BaronBlade,

It took longer than we expected but you will find in our Resource area as free downloads two new items, Falling Stars First Look PDF and the Falling Stars Data Burst: NPC Codex. You can download them here.

Please let us know what you and enjoy.

David