Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Early Screenshot

*budd*

Looks good, looking forward to it. Did you design the board game? or are you just adapting it to digital? Think you'll get it out this year? 2 games im most looking forward too, this one and frozen synapse 2, but no pressure or anything:)

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Humans vs. zombies is finally, finally mostly working. Have to polish up some more stuff on it this week (and fix some bugs - sometimes the zombies seem to meander a little), then it's time to start putting in all the human vs. human stuff!

*budd*

Thanks for the info, see ya in July. Anytime your ready to post a video of gameplay or some more screenies, Im ready for it:D

Punisher

I have been watching your progress on this game and it looks like you are getting closer with each tweak. Looking forward to a game play video also!

*budd*

monthly check in time:) , anything new you want to share or better yet anything we can see, you know videos, screenshots. How far along is the game?

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Humans are complicated, but here's a picture of Tonya trying to calm down Bank, who has been holed up alone, with some presents:

recruit.png

I alllmost have the very first training scenario working. There's so much stuff that depends on other stuff, it's kind of a wacky game system when you think about it... even a single hex move can trigger a sight test, which can trigger shooting, which can trigger ducking, and so on and so on and basically it's a giant circle of stuff where nothing works until it all works. But I'm getting there.

*budd*

Good to hear, thx for the screenie.looking forward to more info. See ya next month.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Still plugging away on those pesky humans. This game has the most deceptively complicated interactions hahaha. But getting there, slowly but surely.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Needed a break from game interaction stuff, so I whipped up some of the character selection screens. This UI stuff is fairly fast to put together in Unity now that I kinda have the routine down.

First you pick your hapless character:
select_char.png

And then your class, which doesn't give you any abilities per se but defines how you interact with the NPCs you run across:
select_class.png

Next I'll put in the option of recruiting other people in your starting group. Everyone gets some random items too, but that doesn't require any interface stuff.

The last thing about your Star will be pondering customization. The rules suggest that your Star always has a 5 Rep but it irks me to see the counter not match that so I have to think about overlaying the numbers dynamically, which might be a bit of a pain. But I suppose if the two options are default or 5 we could make a whole other counter sheet with a Star 5 on the counter or something - I just now thought of that, that might work.

Also picking a different starting ability (or abilities). But both that and the Rep 5 aren't really necessary right now, though. That kind of stuff won't affect much in the game so I can throw that in later if desired.

Anyway, back to recruiting your starting minions/victims/zombie distractions...

Punisher

Looks like you are moving along in Unity quite well. Thank you for keeping us updated love the new screen shots! Looks like I will be using "Nick "as my starter Character.

*budd*

i don't know i might leaned towards sailor, he kinda looks like Sean Connery in the hunt for red october.

Punisher

Tom if you are working on Saving & Loading sounds like you are finished with the game !

Punisher

Hey Tom, Happy New Year! I hope you had some relaxing Holiday time off to finish up the game. Let us know how you are doing please?