Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

How about a Dien Bien Phu module for Nam?

Broadsword56

I'd really like to see a LnL Tactical module for Dien Bien Phu (Viet Minh vs. French, 1954).
The map set would cover all the fortified French positions.
Maybe it wouldn't take too much to make 1960s Vietnamese into those of the 1950s, with that weaponry.
The French would have so many interesting and colorful unit types! French paras, colonial troops, etc.
And it would be extremely cool to have some of the more important historical leaders in the game, too.
Sappers, mines, wire, trenches, bunkers would all be very important aspects. The ability to place new trench markers on the maps as lines change would be important.
Lots of potential for special events involving weather, supply drops, etc.
You don't really have a setpiece siege game in the LnL family, do you? So this would be an interesting addition.

Rydo

I'd really like to see a LnL Tactical module for Dien Bien Phu (Viet Minh vs. French, 1954).
Maybe it wouldn't take too much to make 1960s Vietnamese into those of the 1950s, with that weaponry.
The French would have so many interesting and colorful unit types! French paras, colonial troops, etc.
And it would be extremely cool to have some of the more important historical leaders in the game, too.
Sappers, mines, wire, trenches, bunkers would all be very important aspects. The ability to place new trench markers on the maps as lines change would be important.
You don't really have a setpiece siege game in the LnL family, do you? So this would be an interesting addition.
In a Vae Victis magazine there was a couple ( or only one, i can't remember ) scenarios alongside counters for an Indochina module.

The module ( not that much of a module ) was using Forgotten Heroes ( vietnam one ) maps.

Pretty hard to find but worth it if you can afford it.

Preview:

BUtVLWe.png

I cut the immage badly but these are some of the counters. There are also Leaders and Support weapons. No vehicles.

Broadsword56

This is great -- my dream would be to see a LnL module for Dien Bien Phu so that I could use Kim Kanger's excellent larger scale "DBP: The Final Gamble" to run the campaign and fight the close combats using LnL.

David Gray

I have the old Critical Hit Dien Bien Phu module for ASL. It should be doable in an LnL setting.

That's a smashing idea! A good start may be to do a poll to see how many are interested and would buy a DBP MODULE. With enough interest, you could probably twist David H's arm to get it into the "In The Works" hopper.
Best regards,
Al B.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Rydo

That's a smashing idea! A good start may be to do a poll to see how many are interested and would buy a DBP MODULE. With enough interest, you could probably twist David H's arm to get it into the "In The Works" hopper.
Best regards,
Al B.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
I can see DBP as an expansion for an Indochina Module. It would suits more what Ln'L have done during the years ( a game on a certain topic but not entirely focused on a single battle, even if there were exceptions ).

If i have to press Mr.Heat to do something it will be to make an Indochina module and after that a DBP pack.

Eitherway I'm in for support the idea!

Renzo Bulli

Some years before the 2 LnL scenarios, Vae Victis published an Indochina module for its "En pointe toujours" tactical combat system, in fact the very first module in the series. It had a number of scenarios set in the whole 1946-1954 timeframe, and a few more were published later in the magazine. They also made a mini-module on DBP.

I liked the system (essentially a light version of Squad Leader with command rules) and played it quite a lot before LnL became my modern tactical game of choice. They went on to cover WW2 subjects (Normandy, Kursk, France 1940, Guadalcanal) but later they did a module or two on contemporary African conflicts (including French interventions).

I believe I still have all the material, it should not be too hard to convert it to LnL standards. I wonder what the copyright implication may be, an issue I have been considering also in the view of a conversion of SL/ASL scenarios I have been working on. Can anyone here shed light on the subject?

I would also be interested in a Heroes of Indochina module, even better if not limited to DBP only.

Rydo

Some years before the 2 LnL scenarios, Vae Victis published an Indochina module for its "En pointe toujours" tactical combat system, in fact the very first module in the series. It had a number of scenarios set in the whole 1946-1954 timeframe, and a few more were published later in the magazine. They also made a mini-module on DBP.

I liked the system (essentially a light version of Squad Leader with command rules) and played it quite a lot before LnL became my modern tactical game of choice. They went on to cover WW2 subjects (Normandy, Kursk, France 1940, Guadalcanal) but later they did a module or two on contemporary African conflicts (including French interventions).

I believe I still have all the material, it should not be too hard to convert it to LnL standards. I wonder what the copyright implication may be, an issue I have been considering also in the view of a conversion of SL/ASL scenarios I have been working on. Can anyone here shed light on the subject?

I would also be interested in a Heroes of Indochina module, even better if not limited to DBP only.

I don't think there will be copyright issues if it will be made by fans and not officially. Also you'll need to make citations from where you get the scenarios from.

Here on the geek for example Mr.David Gray made avaible a conversion of an ASL scenario to a Ln'L one and all went good, so i'm safe to assume you can make them too.

BTW i'll leave the last words to the Ln'L bosses.

Bye!

S.Keohane

S.Keohane

This would be a fantastic addition to the system! I am making a scenario about the fight west of the airstrip for the Hugette positions. The whole campaign is filled with acts of bravery , last stands , counterattacks vs incredible odds etc.