Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Snowy maps for HotM campaign now available as VASSAL extension

Broadsword56

broadswords_HotM_snow_map_48s_preview_zpsepxrmruy.jpg

Extension just added to the VASSAL site for download:

LnLP_HotM_broadswords_campaign_snowmaps.vmdx

This lets you add these 4 snowy versions of maps 19, 20, 21 and 48 to your module, so that you can enjoy the campaign on winterized terrain. They will appear in your map list with an "s" suffix (19s, etc.).

These are fan-made contributions by yours truly, until the day when we have "official" LnL winter maps for the Eastern Front.

lucky henry

I don't do Vassal, and I was very disappointed when I opened up my HotML box to find no snowy maps.

Trent Garner

Thanks for the 'cool' maps, haha! If you like, I can add your name as a module contributor to the Vassal website.

Nick DelCorpo

I wish we could get these printed on an X-map or even regular maps, or if these could be made into PDF and printed at home, as a resource here on the site.

Broadsword56

Good suggestion.

But in the meantime -- FYI -- You can extract any image in a VASSAL module by opening it with winRAR and finding it in the relevant folder. Then you could try printing a map yourself, although I think the png image would get blurry if you tried to enlarge it too much, and it would never be as crisp and vivid as the official printed maps.

Broadsword56

Aesthetics question:
Do people like the snow cover as I've done it, or do you prefer to see more of the frozen ground underneath (as LnL did for their Noville map)?
I like the full snow effect because it's probably more accurate for Dec 1942 in Russia, and it looks more frigid than Noville.