Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Day of Heroes....scenarios

Tom Manning

hi,
Playing with version 1...I noticed on a you tube play through video that the scenarios in vers.1 and vers 2 differed.While version 2 had Sgt.Brown and Lt.Smith available to US forces...version 1 did not...I did not have the opportunity to do a side-by-side comparison of other scenarios since A Short Hop Scenario was the only one submitted..
Therefore,is there a link that would direct me to a PDF download of vers.2 Scenarios ...or might I assume that Sgt.Brown and Lt.Smith are included leaders in all scenarios?
Thanks

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Tom,

The first edition of the game had some counter errors and/or scenario errors we correct with the second edition. There is no PDF edition of this and I can't say for sure if the two leaders are included in all 1st edition scenarios because we were never provided a complete game.

David

Tom Manning

Thanks..in searching through the version counters,I find,indeed,that there are counters for Sgt.Brown and Lt.Smith..as well Capt.Jones for the Rangers..Lt.Abbas for the Pakistanis ..and both Sgt Verde and Cpl.White from the Mountain division...I don’t have any idea of how that will work with the vers 2 Scenarios...but thought I would mention it...someone mentioned a leader named Hudson in a you tube playthrough......wondering if his stats will match anyone the leaders I have mentioned....

Rydo

hi,
Playing with version 1...I noticed on a you tube play through video that the scenarios in vers.1 and vers 2 differed.While version 2 had Sgt.Brown and Lt.Smith available to US forces...version 1 did not...I did not have the opportunity to do a side-by-side comparison of other scenarios since A Short Hop Scenario was the only one submitted..
Therefore,is there a link that would direct me to a PDF download of vers.2 Scenarios ...or might I assume that Sgt.Brown and Lt.Smith are included leaders in all scenarios?
Thanks
In the first editon ( i own that ) in scenarios there were the values of the leader instead of the names.

Example 6-1-6 Leader and you could have picked up the one you wanted from the corresponding faction.

Was that the problem?

Tom Manning

Not really...vers 2 has Heroes...rather than leaders....so when taking damage they are wounded rather than shaken(as you are aware,happens to heroes,not leaders)..as I understand it though....vers 2 has only 2 heroes available for the entire game...so,if this is the case,I can do a work around...
Thanks for your response..

Ralph Ferrari

Staff member
I'm not really positive what you are asking, but I'll try and address this. There are no differences in the Heroes and Leaders provided in the 1st Edition and the 2nd Edition. i.e. Both editions have the same exact Ranger Leaders: Cpt Jones, Sgt Brown, and Lt Smith. As well as the same exact Ranger Heroes Hicks and Hudson. The values for these leaders and heroes, as well as all of the other leaders, are also the same in both versions. As Rydo previously mentioned, the 1st Edition doesn't call out the Leaders and Heroes by name, but only give their unit values/stats, which haven't changed at all in the second edition. Hope that answers your question.

Last edited:

Tom Manning

Okay...let’s start off by saying I purchased this from E-bay...that could be the problem there....why!
I received Lt.Smith...Sgt Brown..no Capt.Smith...but a Capt.Jones,which I assume would have the same stats as the missing Capt.Smith...no Ranger heroes at all...but I git the stats for them and did a work around.... so let’s say all is good there...
The problem is in the scenarios as I see it....example...scenario 2...A short hop....vers 2 calls for the inclusion of of 2 x2x2x6 heroes...which I assume to be hicks and Hudson...BUT the same scenario in vers 2 calls for leaders..not heroes...namely..Lt.Smith and Sgt Brown...to be included with the Ranger squad...So,my question to David Heath was the possibility of a pdf download for vers 2 Scenarios ...to which he replied no....As I see it..my options are to continue with the vers 1 Scenarios..or try to get a pdf of the vers 2 Scenarios..I feel certain I would have the required heroes and leaders to play both...but I want to insure that I have aa choice as I really would like to get into playing the latest scenarios...hope I’m clear...thanks for your response..it’s much appreciated...also vers 1 of the same scenario calls for 2 medics..vers 2 only one..

Ralph Ferrari

Staff member
Okay. I think part of your problem is that you are missing counters. Here is link to the V1 Counter Scan from BGG:

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/347920/lock-n-load-tactical-day-heroes?size=original

I have both Versions of DoH. 1st Edition calls for 2 x 6-1-6 Leaders, which will be Sgt Brown and Lt Smith. One 2-2-6 Hero (Hudson), and 1 x Medic. 2nd Edition calls for 1 x Hero (Listed as Hudson), 1 x Medic, 1 x Sgt Brown, and 1x Lt Smith. I think you are okay with the exception of missing the two heroes (Hicks and Hudson).

Tom Manning

Ralph...
Thanks so much....I will take an inventory tomorrow...to tired tonight...I do have blank scrabble tiles so cutting and pasting any missing units can be handled...I think a lot of my problem is misinterpretation of nomenclature..example...2 6-1-6 leaders in vers 1
Naming Sgt.Brown and Lt.Smith in vers 2...kind threw me..
I feel,at this point,for that particular scenario,I have a thumbs up!
Appreciate your patience and helping me get to the heart of my problem...