Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

AEO spotting/Solo module

Lee

I just received the Solo Module.

I am looking at the Fire Behavior Flowchart. In this situation I am tracing the flow to the box titled "Spot and Fire at PU with: (it then lists the firing order hierarchy). What happens if the AEO fails the spot check, i.e. rolls, too high (or is spotting automatic for the AEO)? I am assuming the unit attempting the spot check is marked OPS complete, but what happens after that? Does the AEO pass (even though it hasn't actually conducted an impulse), or does it continue down the card to see if it can execute any other orders?

Any help will be appreciated.

On a side note, although I am very impressed with the component and card quality of the solo module, the number of typos, and generally "screwed up sentences" in the manual is staggering and disappointing! I sincerely hope LNL gets a handle on this very critical element of quality control.

Ty Snouffer

The Spotting rules read:

Spotting attempts do not constitute an impulse, but only one attempt can be made per friendly impulse, and a unit attempting to spot is marked with an Ops Complete marker regardless of the result of the attempt. If the only action a side does during an impulse is perform a spotting attempt, it is considered a pass.​

For the AEO I would probably check another order. If there were none, I would treat it as a pass.

Natedawgusmc

This is how I treat that situation when I have it come up. I find that this can happen in scenarios in which the AEO is on defense and they don't have spotted targets to shoot at yet. For me this would tend to happen early in a turn, but keep in mind that OPS complete unit can still OP fire with a penalty

The Spotting rules read:

Spotting attempts do not constitute an impulse, but only one attempt can be made per friendly impulse, and a unit attempting to spot is marked with an Ops Complete marker regardless of the result of the attempt. If the only action a side does during an impulse is perform a spotting attempt, it is considered a pass.​

For the AEO I would probably check another order. If there were none, I would treat it as a pass.