Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FIXED for Build 5.1.29 -Task start/end times disappearing

papymaj5

Has anyone else noticed task start and or end times disappearing from a current task? I have noticed it recently with the .27 build. It seems to happen if the unit has a current task and you assign it another. It will show the start time but not the task end time. An example, defend end time would be, by default, the end of the scenario, but it would be blank, like the object is not rendering. Also, it would correct itself after a while. I don't have a screen shot or save at the moment but will try the next time I notice it. Just curious if anyone else has seen this.

Jon

papymaj5

Hello again,

I have uploaded a picture, dxdiag and a save file with the issue. To recreate I just simply select A Co 501st PIR, which is already moving. and give it a new defend order.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    626.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DxDiag.txt
    83.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 101st.zip
    270.7 KB · Views: 0

papymaj5

Another one showing just the end time and start time is static. It seems like in certain conditions it displays this. If the unit is already defending then an additional order will not cause this issue.

Additional note, if it shows static and i select where the button would be it appears.

Note: It seems like it is certain orders that show the static but not fire, bombard.

Let me know if you need more info.

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 14

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
This turned out to be a case of using the same control IDs for multiple instances of them. The Edit Task dialog has in fact four different types of timing controls - Start, End, HHour for attacks) and Duration (for Bombards). But all of these were using the same set of IDs. So when it refreshed the dialog with a new order the code would get to the HHour or Duration fields and disable these because they were not needed for the Move order I had issued. But because the IDs were shared it was actually clobbering the Start timing control. I made changes to the code giving each timing control its own unique ID and hey presto it now refreshed just fine.

FIXED

simovitch

Now the "task start time" just increments along with the game clock making it appear the order will never execute.