Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Steam Key?

JArraya

Apologies if this has already been answered - how do I get a Steam key for the Core Engine? I only have Steam keys available for the scenario packs I bought.

Yeo

The core engine for command ops 2 on Steam? It should be free to download. I think only the scenario packs needs Steam Keys

JArraya

Thanks for the reply. For anyone interested, the core engine is indeed free, and if you've purchased the scenario packs in the past, you can get Steam codes for those. Easy.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Yes, but actually it will be more like 5.1.34 or 5.1.35. I'm working on fixing an out of sync bug that was recently intorduced. MS have tightened up their C++ standard and a few of the things we did under the old standard no longer work as intended. At least one of these has caused this out of sync bug. I'm tidying them up right now. They will need to go out for beta testing first. I'm sorry for the delay.

Ripppe

Hi there.

Sorry to bump a tad old topic up, but is there some wicked sorcery related to getting those Steam keys? I have bought the commander pack in 2015, but the LnL Store's account page does not give the steam icon. Am I missing some steps?

Best regards,

Ripppe

E: Grr... It seems that you have to find it through the actual order, not from Downloads & Serial Keys section. Though I could bet that some FAQ pointed exactly there. Sooooo, I guess I'm all sorted. Sorry for the inconvenience. :)

Groth

Thank you so much for the steam keys. I bought it in 2015 and never played it because i forgot i had it because it was not on one of my many game launchers. I found it back on steam due to a typo.

Roger Kirkham

Here's a brief task list for people who want to move over to Steam:

1. Download and install Steam itself.
2. Go to the STORE menu option and search for Command Ops 2 - this is the core engine which is free. Download the core engine and run a game on it for a few minutes to make sure everything works.

You've now got steam and got Command Ops 2 loaded. The next job is to activate and download your existing CO2 games. To do this, you'll need to find and copy each game's Steam key. This is provided free to existing customers of CO2.

Here's what to do:

1. Minimise Steam and go to your Lock 'n Load store account.
2. Go to Order history
You'll see a list that summarises all your orders. In the column on the extreme right, you'll see a blue box with a white eye symbol on it. Click on the box to see your order in detail. When these details appear, you'll be able to see the Steam key associated with that order.
3. Copy the Steam key into something like the Notepad application in Windows, or you could even copy it down on a piece of paper if you're old-school.
4. Now go back to Steam and open the Games menu at the top left of the Window.
5. Select Activate a Product on Steam
6. Click Next. Scroll down through the agreement and then click Next.
7. Copy and paste the Steam key from notepad into the field. Or type in the Steam key from your peiece of paper!
8. Click Next. Look at the bottom of the screen and a download will begin. Once the download is complete, the game will appear in your Steam library, under Comand Ops 2
9. Play the game and enjoy the automatic upgrades that Steam runs for you.

j235667

Thank you. I was able to activate my purchase of CO2 on Steam in the manner you indicated above.

Unfortunately, when I try to activate the module I purchased (which I already downloaded and use in the standalone version of CO2) it tells me that the key is not valid. Is that because I already downloaded it? Do I need to get a re-issue for the key from LNL Pub.? And if so, how do I go about it?

Any help is appreciated.

j235667

Dave,

I created a trouble ticket on 4 June. As of yet, no one has responded to it or even acknowledged that my trouble ticket exists. Can you let someone know, please?