Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Questions about hard/soft targets

HJohn66

1. If 1 hard and 1 soft target are in a hex and 3 hits scored by AP are all the hits applied to just the soft target or are the hits still split even though they can not affect hard target? During an HE fire mission can the third hit be applied to hard target even though it will not have any further effect?

2. For opportunity fire, a target is fired upon as it moves through a hex containing another unit, are both affected by the opportunity fire or just the moving unit?

3. During assault combat, do units get to roll to save hits?

Thanks

Keith Tracton

Staff member
1. If 1 hard and 1 soft target are in a hex and 3 hits scored by AP are all the hits applied to just the soft target or are the hits still split even though they can not affect hard target? During an HE fire mission can the third hit be applied to hard target even though it will not have any further effect?

2. For opportunity fire, a target is fired upon as it moves through a hex containing another unit, are both affected by the opportunity fire or just the moving unit?

3. During assault combat, do units get to roll to save hits?

Thanks

Hello! So sorry I did not get to this until now.

1. Your example speaks of AP hits affecting Soft Targets, they cannot. You have to specify a single target if two enemy units are stacked. So if firing AP against the hard target, all three hits score on the hard target.

I don't have my rules in front of me, I will get back to you on that.

(BTW, for the upcoming reboot, WaW85, both of these rules are different)

2. Again, only the moving unit is the target.

3. Units do NOT roll Dave's on Assault. That's part of what makes it so dexisive. :)

These answers may lead to more questions, just ask! :)

-Keith Tracton
Developer, World At War 85 series

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Hello! So sorry I did not get to this until now.

1. Your example speaks of AP hits affecting Soft Targets, they cannot. You have to specify a single target if two enemy units are stacked. So if firing AP against the hard target, all three hits score on the hard target.

I don't have my rules in front of me, I will get back to you on that.

(BTW, for the upcoming reboot, WaW85, both of these rules are different)

2. Again, only the moving unit is the target.

3. Units do NOT roll Dave's on Assault. That's part of what makes it so dexisive. :)

These answers may lead to more questions, just ask! :)

-Keith Tracton
Developer, World At War 85 series

OK if you drop an HE fire mission on a hex with two units, you alternate hits on the two units. Each must have one hit inflicted before the third is allocated. If the third hit us on armor and it cannot be teduced, the hit is ignored.

To clarify, and apologies for my spellchecker, you do not get Save Rolls during Assaults.