Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Support

TMO

Can I in the estab editor assign fuel transport to specific units or can I assign both to a specific unit.

Regards

Tim

Can I in the estab editor assign fuel transport to specific units or can I assign both to a specific unit.

Regards

Tim
There's a "bulk fuel capacity" designation under the "performance" tab for vehicles capable of carrying fuel external to their normal fuel tanks.

Allocating vehicles with a bulk fuel capacity to a unit would allow that unit to carry more fuel than it normally requires to operate the various vehicles on their own resources.

I don't know, however, whether the game engine takes into account the bulk fuel available in a particular unit when calculating how much distance that unit can traverse or how many hours it can operate without a fuel resupply from a base unit.

In logistics there is a task called "cross leveling" which allows units with excess supply commodities (fuel, basics, or ammunition in game terms) to share the excess supplies before requiring replenishment from a remote store area (base in game terms).

Whether that kind of "cross leveling" takes place internal to a unit (from vehicle to vehicle) or, particularly from one unit to another friendly unit, is a question for the developers.

TMO

Sorry, wasn't being specific enough - if you look at a vehicle in the estab editor you have 'bulk fuel capacity' and 'payload capacity'. Can I have a vehicle carrying both bulk fuel and a payload or does it have to be one or the other?

Regards

Tim