Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Loss of synchronization in multiplayer

Dukeofchutney

Hello all

Had a copy of Aegean Assault, just picked up Command Ops 2.

My friend and I wanted to get some multiplayer going. Connection is a pain in the ass but can be done, though if anyone has tips on this it would be appreciated as it doesn't always work.

However the main issue is that when we start a game it always crashes about 2 minutes after hitting play as one of us 'loses Sync'. We play at just 1 times speed and both of us has modern broadband (both wireless though), i'm in the UK my friend is in Ireland. Is there anything we can do to keep the game in sync? At the moment it is unplayable which is a shame.

Its worth saying we play a lot of other video games online together such as Wargame Reddragon and have no issue with them.

SPaP

Apologies for the thread necromancy... from the ancient soil of 2015 I bid thee, rise...

I'm having the exact same issue now, and it's been persistent through a complete reinstall of CO2 on both machines (revo uninstaller, incl. reg keys and all leftover files), testing with the St. Vith scenario. The host (either of us) will get the "Synchronisation has been lost..." message within a minute of play.

The problem began when we attempted to resume a paused game, but my friend's computer had rebooted (not related to any automatic updates, both Win10), so I was left with the "connection to host lost" message. I clicked ok, then went to the menu, saved, sent her the save file, and we loaded back up to carry on. That's when we got the first synchronisation lost error. We tried a few things like saving a few seconds in (since there was a short time window before the error popped up) and loading from that new save, which gave us a time window of a few minutes before the error, and trying another scenario (Manhay Crossroads). Finally, we both attempted the full reinstall as stated above. Nothing has changed with our computers AFAIK.

Anyone have ideas about what might be going on? It seems very odd that the issue should survive a full reinstall.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Thanks for reporting this. If this is occurring after only two minutes then I'd say that we may have introduced an out of sync bug. It needs to be fixed but I'm not going to give this priority till after I get out this next build and release the Bradley at Bay module. Once I do that, I'd like to hear back from you to see if the new build still has this issue.

SPaP

Thanks for the reply, Dave. For what it's worth, we've been on 5.1.28 for awhile, and the problem only began after the saving incident mentioned above. I'll be testing on new machines which have never had CO2 installed (hopefully) soon and will update.