Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

4.1 or 5.0 rules?

Ernest Khoo

I just bought Heroes of Normandy and was looking at diving into it. But since the 5.0 rules are available, would it be better to learn the game using the 5.0 rules from a PDF download? Or just stick with the 4.1 rules in the box?
Any advice would be appreciated on where I can start. Thanks!

Mark Buetow

I think the 5.0 rules are a little better organized with some clarifications here and there, but they are essentially the same rules. I'd suggest just diving into the 5.0 rules since they cover the entire system and you'll likely be using them as a reference going forward. That's what I've done getting back into the system.

Ernest Khoo

Thanks! And I suppose the best way in is reading through the Gameplay Narrative and using the bootcamp videos?

Mark Buetow

I haven't watched the videos but I would say the narratives alone will get you 90% of the way there. The rest is just clarifying and referencing. The narratives are really well done.

I was lucky enough to enter the system just as the 5.0 rules came out. I went with those and it's been totally manageable.

MacMarkus69

I would consider the 5.0 rules to be slightly better laid out then the 4.x. In fact I think the 5.0 rulebook is the most accessible wargame rulebook (together with CC:E).

The gameplay narrative is a nice read and the bootcamp vids are a nice additonal ressource of input...

Good gaming!
Mac

After reading Mac’s glowing post I’ve downloaded the v5.0 rule book and will have a look on the weekend!