Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Solo (Offensive) Movement Behavior FlowChart Confusion

Dale

The "Move Action Offensive" has me stumped. I think a (green) Move order directs me here. I start in the center and the confusion begins. "Choose the condition that applies …." More than one usually applies. And the "No" branches contradict "condition that applies" because I wouldn't choose that choice if it didn't apply!

Does a "Dynamic Move" require the Flow Chart? The "Low Crawl" says it will move "towards a PU"--always? Or just use a low crawl if moving towards a PU?

Orders card 16 says an AEO two hexes away should "Dynamic Move towards" or "Fire." I should think the AEO could always move so when would it instead have to fire?

If I missed this in the Solo rules, please direct me to the proper section.

Last edited:

Sean Druelinger

Staff member
For the offensive/defensive movement flowcharts start at the 1 o'clock position and work around until you have a condition that meets the criteria. I'm sorry this was not made clear.

Dynamic move would require the flowchart as the chart tells you where to move and the dynamic table tells you how.

There may be reasons not to move such as terrain restrictions. The flowchart sort of guides you into whether you will move or not. If no movement option is present then you would fire.

Thank you
Sean Druelinger
LnL Publishing

Sean Druelinger

Staff member
Further clarification. Start at the 1 o'clock position and proceed clockwise.

Dale

Thanks for the quick response! Your explanation helps.

So I understand the “Next Order” card response to a “no” answer really means next order card when every answer turns out to be a "no." :rage:

Otherwise, starting at one o’clock, I read “PU closer to Victory Conditions or Map Edge”? If "yes," I move AEO towards the Victory Condition. If “no,” I reach for the Next Order … and never :stop: get to the next question (“AEO units off of the Map?”)

I should think I’m supposed to instead work around to and so on looking for a “yes” answer :finger:. If no affirmatives, reach for another card. :wtf:

Sean Druelinger

Staff member
Thanks for the quick response! Your explanation helps.

So I understand the “Next Order” card response to a “no” answer really means next order card when every answer turns out to be a "no." :rage:
If I understand your question, a response to a no on the order would be the next order on the card below the one that did not apply and so on.

Otherwise, starting at one o’clock, I read “PU closer to Victory Conditions or Map Edge”? If "yes," I move AEO towards the Victory Condition. If “no,” I reach for the Next Order … and never :stop: get to the next question (“AEO units off of the Map?”)
Read the flowchart starting at 1 o'clock and go around the flowchart before punting the move order

I should think I’m supposed to instead work around to and so on looking for a “yes” answer :finger:. If no affirmatives, reach for another card. :wtf:
Yes, but not reach for another card, go to the next order on the same card.
Thank you
Sean Druelinger

Dale

Whoa! :jawdrop: I misunderstood a basic concept. Thanks for clearing that up. :finger:

Hey, I think a sample Solo play with the AEO on Offense :vamp: would help a lot. The example of an AEO on defense does not address harder issues. Defense is often simply a matter of digging in and taking pot shots. Offense takes some skill.

Since I have your attention, I have questions about some cards. I'm not sure about the white pointers on the cards (I'm representing those arrows with ">"). Card 15 starts with ">Enter Melee >Overrun if Firepower greater than Target. I understand that as Inf should melee or Armor overrun if the odds are favorable. Then the adjacent order continues with ">Fire." I take that to mean fire if meleeing/overrunning is not a good idea.

And I'm not done! :sour: Two-spaces-away order: ">Fire >Lay Smoke >Move." What does that mean? :eek:

Sean Druelinger

Staff member
Since I have your attention, I have questions about some cards. I'm not sure about the white pointers on the cards (I'm representing those arrows with ">"). Card 15 starts with ">Enter Melee >Overrun if Firepower greater than Target. I understand that as Inf should melee or Armor overrun if the odds are favorable.
YES Correct
Then the adjacent order continues with ">Fire." I take that to mean fire if meleeing/overrunning is not a good idea.
Yes Correct

Two-spaces-away order: ">Fire >Lay Smoke >Move." What does that mean?
So a unit is two spaces away from an enemy, it may not have LOS or it may not have enough FP to really hurt it. (this is the judgement area) then it would lay smoke to cover movement and then move. (which in the new LnL Tac rules you can do in one impulse)
Thank you
Sean Druelinger
LnL Publishing

Dale

:) Thanks for that and also for pointing out the new Smoke and Move rule.

However, having to roll a "1" or a "2" (Heroes of Normandy) means the smoke attempt will usually fail. :arghh: