Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Last Version

Tegularius

A query. I bought my Command Ops game in LnL. I have it updated to the latest version, according to the game updater, but it turns out that there is a newer version on Steam? Can be this? How do I update my version to the latest available? There are scenarios that need the 5.1.31 Thank you

A query. I bought my Command Ops game in LnL. I have it updated to the latest version, according to the game updater, but it turns out that there is a newer version on Steam? Can be this? How do I update my version to the latest available? There are scenarios that need the 5.1.31 Thank you
LnL will provide a Steam key for the game.

Information is provided here: https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/p/19853

Tegularius

Hello, thanks for answering. I can not find the steam icon Copy screen that I see

Tegularius

For all the modules I was able to generate the key, but not for the game. Any solution?

Tegularius

Oh, okay. Then I have to download the Steam version to have 5.1.31, since the LnL version is 5.1.28. I understand well? I must reinstall the game with the Steam version
Thanks for answering

Bobbyb1

I have to install on a new laptop so this thread (and the other recent one re installing scenarios) is also of interest to me.

If I have understood the gist of the responses above, the correct thing to do to get 5.1.31 is to download that via Steam since only 5.1.28 is available from LnL?

Or for that matter Dave, having just caught up on Sitrep, you're not far from releasing something beyond .31 so do you think its better to wait for that installer?

Thanks,
Bobby

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Bobby, the beta testers are testing our latest beta version now. This testing will take place over January. In February I'll respond to anything they find and we'll probably have to do one more pre-release build to confirm my changes fixed everything. If so we sould be able to get this to you sometime in late Feb or early March. I hope that helps you in your decision making.

Col Berki

I have only recently discovered Command Ops 2 and consider it to be absolutely incredible. Where has this game been all my life? It is THE game! Goodbye ASL and Combat Mission! So far I have only failed in numerous attempts to take St Vith, but am slowly coming to grips with the game by dutifully working through the manual, videos and an amazing AAR produced by somebody that clearly is not married or has grandchildren :)

I came across this thread which answers my question as to why I cannot play the Pegasus Bridge scenario. My version is 5.1.28 which I downloaded from LnL whereas the Steam version is 5.1.31 - seems a little odd that the version direct from the publisher is not the latest version, but its a complicated industry so who am I to question it.

I am not able to use Steam on my company laptop for various reasons so I guess I will have to wait for an update to the LNL version. But this does raise one concern. I now wish to purchase the Highway to the Reich and The Cauldron modules but am worried that I will end up with the same version problem.

Can anybody confirm that Highway to the Reich and The Cauldron - if purchased and downloaded from LnL - will be compatible with the 5.1.28 engine downloaded from LnL? Just to be clear. Steam is not an option for me.

Many thanks

Bie

Can anybody confirm that Highway to the Reich and The Cauldron - if purchased and downloaded from LnL - will be compatible with the 5.1.28 engine downloaded from LnL? Just to be clear. Steam is not an option for me.

Good to hear you're having fun with the game. As far as I know they should be compatible. I'm hoping that with the next update the game gets updated to the latest version on the LnL site. That way all people can play my scenario packs.

I have only recently discovered Command Ops 2 and consider it to be absolutely incredible. Where has this game been all my life? It is THE game! Goodbye ASL and Combat Mission! So far I have only failed in numerous attempts to take St Vith, but am slowly coming to grips with the game by dutifully working through the manual, videos and an amazing AAR produced by somebody that clearly is not married or has grandchildren :)

I came across this thread which answers my question as to why I cannot play the Pegasus Bridge scenario. My version is 5.1.28 which I downloaded from LnL whereas the Steam version is 5.1.31 - seems a little odd that the version direct from the publisher is not the latest version, but its a complicated industry so who am I to question it.

I am not able to use Steam on my company laptop for various reasons so I guess I will have to wait for an update to the LNL version. But this does raise one concern. I now wish to purchase the Highway to the Reich and The Cauldron modules but am worried that I will end up with the same version problem.

Many thanks
The official commercial version of CO2 is 5.1.28, and all commercially-available Download Content (DLC) packs sold by LnL were prepared in that version.

The 5.1.31 version was released for user Beta testing on Steam.

That package included all software to run the game (a newer version of CO2) and development tools (Estab Editor, MapMaker, SceneMaker). Part of the evaluation included feedback obtained with user generation of scenarios such as Pegasus Bridge. Those are the scenarios not being recognized by the 5.1.28 version.

Feedback from that evaluation is being rolled into the next official commercial version. That version to be released at LnL and Steam simultaneously. It will automatically update all previously purchased Commercial LnL DLC content (Estabs, Maps, Scenarios) to run in the newer version.

Bottom line is you're safe in purchasing any LnL content to play in the LnL-released version, and will see some improvements in modeling visibility, defining supply routing, observing combat resolution, and conducting troop movement with the release of the future update.

ultradave

Also worth mentioning - If you have the direct version, you have a Steam key available on the web site. You can download the Steam version with the demo scenarios. If you have any packs bought as DLC with their keys, there are also Steam keys and you can go to Steam and add the content by adding those Steam keys for them. Essentially you can have the .28 and the .31 version installed at the same time. (That's what I have).