Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

I'm the only one missing a dedicated ln'l magazine?

Rydo

Hi guys, how're you doing?

I've been absent for quite some time but i've noted some new folks joined us :)
This month of sales should have brought even more guys ( in the us mainly as getting ln'l games in europe has become a luxury, shippings are almost as the games :( ).

On the facebook group they announced we will receive the ln'l tactical schedule for the upcoming new modules ( finally some fresh air! ) but still i feel something is missing...

I had the old LoF mags and i'm reading them again and i have nostalgic feelings, reading AARs, news, having new scenarios...all gone.

I'm the only one missing them?

I know making those was hard and time consuming, but that kept the ln'l fire lit.

Can't we as a community share our strategies, AARs and ideas for little scenarios and create our own little magazine? Just a few pages, for fun and for ln'l, what do you think?
We can even add custom counters such as rare vehicles or weapons to print and add to our collection.
Barth, Capt. Darling, Stephane, all of the other ln'l new guys i've still to met and learn their names, what do you think?

I'll lay out the stuff, you just need to play and have fun. I want to make more for this community with you!

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
NO but before producing a magazine by yourself, you should get their approval I think

Hey Rydo!

Okay another cool idea.

Magazines/Newsletters etc are a lot of work even just coordinationing contributions and editing them together. A couple of pages regularly would be cool and I would hope the community here can supply AARs, play tips and editorial content!

Most important thing is to come up with a catchy title, The Lock n Load Tactical Newsletter, now that sounds good! ...

BTW - Not sure you need permission from LnLP if what you are planning is not profit but I’m no lawyer

Rydo

Hey Rydo!

Okay another cool idea.

Magazines/Newsletters etc are a lot of work even just coordinationing contributions and editing them together. A couple of pages regularly would be cool and I would hope the community here can supply AARs, play tips and editorial content!

Most important thing is to come up with a catchy title, The Lock n Load Tactical Newsletter, now that sounds good! ...

BTW - Not sure you need permission from LnLP if what you are planning is not profit but I’m no lawyer
Hi Cap :)

I know it will be challenging, but i think togeter we can make something good!
We're all seadoned players so we know how to create an interesting read plus the new ones will have something to keep them motivated as we were with LoF mags.

I'm sure ln'l will grant us permissions, i mean we wont make 30 pages, i was thinking like 5-10.
The main challenge would be proofreading as i can write as best as i can but i'm still no native speaker and would need someone that would review that all.

For example the starter kit in tabletop i've made was al proofread by my bro Nick ( a ln'l fan too ).

The free nature of that newsletter will also leave us without the weight of hitting a schedule.

Just immagine, the new newsletter come out, with some AARs, some tips, some details on vehicles or weapons and a scenario.

Then it can be expanded to other ln'l titles and not just tactical, but i only play tac so i can't help with the others :)

Something that would also keep the fire burning would be to have a site like the Panzer Grenadier Headquarters. You can go on there and pull AAR's for practically every scenario available in the game (over 2200!). It is useful for both posting your own AAR's and seeing those of others to see strategies they used in a particular scenario. Plays are also logged, so one can get an idea of the balance for each scenario. It would really be an asset; not quite a magazine, but a very timely tool for keeping track of the game.

Rydo

Hey Rydo!

Free, i'll post it here and facebook group. Something to keep us togeter and keep tactical going :)

Last edited:

Rydo

Something that would also keep the fire burning would be to have a site like the Panzer Grenadier Headquarters. You can go on there and pull AAR's for practically every scenario available in the game (over 2200!). It is useful for both posting your own AAR's and seeing those of others to see strategies they used in a particular scenario. Plays are also logged, so one can get an idea of the balance for each scenario. It would really be an asset; not quite a magazine, but a very timely tool for keeping track of the game.
That would be welcomed!

But the work behind it is outside my capabilities, getting a domain, html, php, xml, renting servers.

Maybe they can integrate all that into the Lock'n load tactical digital that its in the works.

That digital game its a step up as if there it will be the option to create custom scearios then the fan-magazine i've in mind can share scenarios with the game.