Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Screen Size

Do you still need Cmd Ops to run on a computer with 1024 x 768 screen size?

• Yes

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • No

Votes: 49 94.2%

• Total voters

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Hi all,

I had changed the min specs for CO2 so that it required a min screen size of 1366 x 768. One of our beta testers says he still runs a laptop with 1024 x 768 screen. I am trying to gauge whether this is worth supporting. I would need to make changes to the Scenario Selection screen if we are to revert back to 1024 x 768. I will do so if there is a reasonable number of people requiring it.

panzerpit

So it will not be possible to play CO2 on once standard 5x4 aspect ratio monitors? It's only 86 pixels (1280) of difference - may be You will manage to do something with it? :)
Btw, what about multiple monitors support. In fact i use 2 monitors running in 1280x1024 resultion. May be it will be possible to expand the main game window on both monitors?

Shadrach

I'd be happier if it was possible to run CO2 in a window, for various reasons, one being that I want to be able to move it between screens.

I know it alt+tabs fine but a window would be a bit more practical in some scenarios.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I'd be happier if it was possible to run CO2 in a window, for various reasons, one being that I want to be able to move it between screens.

I know it alt+tabs fine but a window would be a bit more practical in some scenarios.
Would you be happy to accept the likely 15% hit on game speed that this would cause?

Perturabo

I play Command Ops only in windowed mode (on Wine). I can't imagine playing a game like this fullscreen.

mga

Some time ago I tried CO on a 2560x1600 monitor but it didn't play well with it, zooming was broken (parts of the map were in seemingly random places). Another problem was trying to make the Windows fonts bigger. It broke the left side interface since the text was bigger than the space allocated for it.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Some time ago I tried CO on a 2560x1600 monitor but it didn't play well with it, zooming was broken (parts of the map were in seemingly random places). Another problem was trying to make the Windows fonts bigger. It broke the left side interface since the text was bigger than the space allocated for it.
The new dialog interface is part way to fixing the font size issue but we will need to resize each dialog and scale the text boxes within to totally address that. That won't happen this update but we will get to it down the track. As to the zooming issue I'm not sure I fully understand. Can you provide a screen shot. We'll be releasing the beta pretty soon and I would appreciate if you could test it again then.

mga

Can you provide a screen shot. We'll be releasing the beta pretty soon and I would appreciate if you could test it again then.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try to post a screenshot later today when I get home. I am looking forward to buying the new release.

mga

I've created two screenshots, ss1 displaying the map problem, and another one ss2, showing both the map problem and the one with the text when it's set to bigger than normal. The screenshots were made on 2560x1600 but they were re-sized to half their original size. The map gets like that after you zoom in and then you try to scroll. The screenshots were made on the demo version of the game.

ss1.png ss2.png

Greup

I too would like to be able to play in windowed mode. I use 2 monitors so its a great help to be able to adjust how much or how little of the total screen area to devote to the game. I ususally have the game on one monitor while playing any game and have the other for other stuff.