Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

SITREP

john connor

Not sure how to take that. But since it's always half-full I'll assume you're being sarcastic..... Lol.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Not sure how to take that. But since it's always half-full I'll assume you're being sarcastic..... Lol.
I was trying to be sincere (about you being positive). I would have used a 'wink' if I was being sarcastic. Just one of the drawbacks in using the medium of the forum. Now back to that manual.

john connor

Thanks! Is the plan that the intro content pack (for $50) will be available at the same time as the release, ie early next week?

Wiggum

So CO2 will be released next week ?
Free Engine + all Modules for 50$ ?

Great !
Will there be updated manuals and tutorial videos ?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
So CO2 will be released next week ?
Yes.

Free Engine
Yes.

+ all Modules for 50$ ?
No. There will be five modules released and the Commander Pack #1 bundle (which contains all five). The Foothills of the Gods and The Cauldron modules will sell for $35. The others for $30. The Commander Pack #1 bundle will sell for $50 for a limited time only - 90 days from release. Thereafter the price will increase for the Commander Pack #1 to at least $100, maybe more - we're still deciding on that.

Great !
Will there be updated manuals and tutorial videos ?
I have started overhauling the manual. I have done the first 34 pages and this will be made available with the Core Engine. I will release further updates of the manual as I go. I am not planning on doing any new videos at this stage. I might add that the manual and videos are very labour intensive. There is probably two months of work in the manual alone. I am not going to stop engine development just for the manual. Rather I will do a bit of the manual each day and release it in stages.

Last edited:

Grim.Reaper

Hello, just so that I am clear, will the five modules and the commander pack also be available for purchase next week? Or will those be coming at a later time and if so, any ETA? Also when you say the modules will cost $35 or $30, I am assuming that is the cost per each individual module, correct? While the commander pack will be a single cost for all the modules combined.

Just still getting used to all these options so a little unclear at the moment.

Last edited:

john connor

GR, as far as I understand it, the modules - which are re-named packages of modules some of us have grown to know and love in CO1 - are priced variously from $30 up to $35 - but for the first 90 days you can get them ALL for $50 in the 'Commander Pack #1 bundle'. So if you only want one module you can save money, but more than one you might as well get them all for $50. If you, like me, had bought every single thing Dave has put out to date since AA, and only wanted to play 'new' content with the new UI features, of course, then you could save money and buy only the 'Med pack' (or whatever it's to be called) as that's the only module we haven't had for a long while, and that wasn't converted and sold for CO1- it's approx. half of the content you would have bought if you bought COTA, I think. But even that isn't new content, strictly, since - someone can correct me if I'm wrong - those scenarios were all either in COTA or were user-made scenarios we had direct from the creators. I don't think there's any scenarios coming right now that I haven't played before or that are 'brand-new', but I will happily buy all of them again for $50 in order to fund the 're-launch' at LnL, because I really, seriously hope that by doing so I will contribute a little to a decision to develop the game further, in particular the engine in various ways that have been discussed at length, and content in terms of a future EF package. That's my take on this.

But 'support panther' motives aside, I do really look forward to getting to play the African scenarios in the new engine (the CO1 engine, I mean - 'new' as opposed to the COTA engine) and with the new CO2 UI tweaks too.

Personally, Dave, - for what it's worth - I would wholeheartedly endorse you working on the engine rather than the manual!!!!

Last edited:

kipanderson

Hi,

Yup... similar to others the North Africa one is the one I am really after of this batch. But then hugely looking forward to EF.. and lots of EF modules in future I hope:).

Fantastic to have new engine as well of course!

All the best,

Kip.

Rob

Hi Dave,

I guess I'm wearing my dummy sign today but I'm gonna ask anyway......... the 90 day limit for Commander Pack #1 at the $50 dollar price commences from the release of the public beta next week and NOT the final (non-beta) release version of CO2??
Yes, no, maybe? o_O

Rob. :)

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Yes it will be from whatever day it first goes on sale.

PS There are no dummies on this forum but I do recognise a few fellow travellers through life who have racked up a few miles and who like me struggle at times to remember what they did yesterday. ;)

Bazza42

Red Devils Over Arnhem - Highway to the Reich - Conquest of the Aegean - Battles from the Bulge - including various scenario packs along the way, and here we are again: wallets in hand and eager anticipation abounding......

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
What I am about to say must drive Dave crazy: Are the four mentioned above operations (previous comment) included in the first released (50$) pack?
Yes you are driving me crazy!!:banghead: But that's OK I arrived there a long time ago.;)

By and large the answer to your question about whether these ops ( Red Devils Over Arnhem (RDOA) - Highway to the Reich (HTTR) - Conquest of the Aegean (COTA) - Battles from the Bulge (BFTB) ) are included in the Commander Pack 1 is yes but with the following qualifications.

First off RDOA was subsumed into HTTR way back in 2004 with major revisions to the scenarios and many new ones added to cover the full gambit of the Market Garden op. In 2012 we issued an HTTR Ex Pack for BFTB that rebuilt 12 of these scenarios to work with the BFTB engine. The new HTTR Module for Command Ops 2 converts these12 scenarios to work with the new CO2 engine. The scenarios included in COTA have been divvied up between Foothills of the Gods (Greece) and The Cauldron (Crete, Malta, North Africa). It includes a number of user made scenarios that we have converted and polished. Similarly the scenarios for BFTB have divvied up into the Ride of the Valkyries and Bastogne modules.

So just for the sake of the clarity the Commander Pack 1 contains:
  • Highway to the Reich
  • Foothills of the Gods
  • The Cauldron
  • Ride of the Valkyries
  • Bastogne

Beowulf

Browsing this forum on a daily basis has become some sort of addiction for me lately, as well ;)