Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Windows 10

Shaun Yu

I upgraded to Windows 10. When I launch CO2, and access the About button or New button, the menu would not load properly and the program will cease to work. Have to hit Ctrl-Q to quit? I had some issues with the nVidia drivers during windows 10 update and is all sorted out. I tried running the Flashpoint RedStorm without issue. So not sure if anyone had encounter this before?

john connor

+1 query on whether it will work (or be made to work) with windows 10? I have windows 8 and can't wait to get rid of it. The 10 upgrade is only free for a year, so I'm wondering whether it's best to wait until nearer that year is up before upgrading?

GoodGuy

+1 query on whether it will work (or be made to work) with windows 10? I have windows 8 and can't wait to get rid of it. The 10 upgrade is only free for a year, so I'm wondering whether it's best to wait until nearer that year is up before upgrading?
You might want to wait for a first service pack, or wait until the major bugs have been ironed out (within the 1-year time frame), at least.

Bobbyb1

Windows 8.1 resulted from the major, MAJOR challenges in and feedback from the Windows user community. Windows 10 is already miles ahead acceptance-wise, and given MS's determination to not have 'another Windows 8' from a quality perspective, I expect Win10 is also a very different proposition in that respect. There may not BE a Windows 10.1 in the short-medium term - I think they will just release a steady stream of Windows Update patches rather than another monolithic download, so I am not sure there will be anything really identifiable to wait for. I think the updates will come thick and fast over the first couple of months but I think what you get when you upgrade to Windows 10 today is pretty much what we'll have for quite some time.

So, I think Dave and team have to make it work, at some point or other, with Windows 10 as it...I suspect he will want to - and should - focus on continued functionality improvements and additional licensing streams for as long as he can before diverting time and energy to Windows 10 compatibility (I am assuming that would be quite some task by the time it was properly researched, scoped, developed, tested, beta-ed, released, etc., etc.). Perhaps it's worth a poll in terms of where the CO2 community would like this to fit in terms of priority.

Myself, I'm fine :) I stuck with Windows 7 on both home desktop and work laptop (its actually our SOE in the enterprise) with only a few Surface Pro users running Win 8. I am waiting for the next gen Surface machines with an i7 processor and more RAM before I trade in the trusty lappy and move everything to Win 10.

I can also add that I've been running Windows 10 since last October, starting with the initial Windows Insider Preview launch, and I've had no problems whatsoever running CO2. Actually, I own quite a few titles from Matrix and Paradox as well, and they all run fine.

Last edited:

Kurt

No I cant get past the menu screen , as soon as I select any button eg " ABOUT " it stops working . Tried re-installing with no joy.

Kurt

AHA ! solved it , just plug the damned speaker cable in ! runs like a dream on my new pc :)

kipanderson

Hi,

Yup… I upgraded to Windows 10 and am a fan. It is a straight line progression from XP/7 and just what was needed.

However, had to reinstall CO2, from Windows 7 and no go. Only Core, very Core three scenarios show up as options. Modules of any sort, even re downloaded don’t seem “take…”. Seem to install in directories but not show in launch screen.

Dave can only do so much.. he will get there in time.

Windows 10 will quickly become the default for most. So all wargames will in time be Window 10 friendly.

All the best,

Kip.