Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

SITREP

BigDuke66

That would be a good move, if the engine is declared final maybe delay it another 2 weeks, should be enough for all to test it even those that refused to take a look at the beta.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Any chance you could extend the $50 sale to June 30, so we can see the new build in action?
Sorry, but no today is the last day of the sale. I think a three month sale has been pretty generous. Going forward the Core engine will still be free but the Commander Pack will increase tomorrow to $119.99. That still represents a 25% discount on the full price if you bought each of the modules separately.

Templer

Website
redzoneaction.org
Guys, I am afraid that shoulder patch style for the main title is not the best option. This style doesn´t correspond to the all grafic style of the game and the main screen. This title is like from another game....
Exactly!
Main screen and patch do not form a homogenous picture.
Ugly.

Templer

Website
redzoneaction.org
No, I have no alternative.

And to make it clear, the work of The Plotter is, as always, excellent.
The work of The Plotter are an asset to any game and any game designer may be blessed when Richard is interested in their games and works on them.

I simply say that we would have liked a more homogeneous, a more aesthetic main screen.

Incidentally, I found the radios in the old versions not so bad.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP 2300 2 July 2015

Hi all. I have been working on a range of things since the last build went out. I have redone the front part of the manual incorporating the recent changes to the UI. I have done a lot of work in supporting our beta testers on our CO Dev forum so that testing could proceed on the Westwall module. We have hit some issues there in relation to some of the maps that will either force us to abandon the four scenarios using them, delay the whole module or substitute some other scenarios. Richard Simonitch is looking into the details and coordinating matters with the other data content developers. I'm off tomorrow morning for Newcastle (family function to attend) - back next Monday though. I'll make a decision next week on exactly which option we'll pursue on the Westwall module.

The beta testing has thrown up one bug in the resupply code that was introduced in the build before last. It rarely occurs. I have fixed it and will release a fix next week too.

Perturabo

SITREP 1100 6 Aug 2015

I'm temporarily out of action - came down with the flu on Sunday night and still under the weather. So much for the flu shot I had in March. Hopefully I'll be back on deck soon.
I heard that adult people very rarely catch actual flu (like in once a decade or so). Most of time it's some other virus causing a serious cold.

Daz

For sale: Second hand Australian Cricket bats, hardly used :D

Keep your chin up Dave, it can only get worse o_O

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP 1430 Friday 14 Aug 2015

Hi all, been down with dreaded lurgy this week but I think I'm getting better. At least today my head is clear enough to do some work. I worked up a new Westwall Module installer for our beta team to test the revised Westwall scenarios. Testing revealed some shortcomings in the quality of some of the scenarios. Richard Simonitch and Pieter Schouten have worked hard to develop some alternative scenarios. Three of these are now done and Richard says he'll have the fourth done by next week. So that's good news.

Westwall Scenarios
  1. Counterstroke in the Swamp
  2. Encircling Aachen
  3. Geilenkirchen
  4. Hamich Ridge
  5. Nightmare at Nijmegen
  6. Ordeal at Overloon Part 1
  7. Ordeal at Overloon Part 2
  8. Plan Martin
  9. The Infernal Island
  10. The Stolberg Corridor
  11. Through the West Wall
With a bit of luck I hope to release this module next month.

Paul van Doren has also been hard at work revising his Knock on All Doors (KOAD) scenarios. These scenarios often pit an Army against a Corps and so involve many units across bigger map areas than we currently see with other modules. On the plus side there is significantly more scope for operational level decisions. On the down side we are definitely pushing the performance limits of the existing engine. As a result the game speed is less than what we get at the moment. In some of the scenarios, when there is a lot of action, it can slow down to almost real time on slower machines. So these scenarios can take some time to play. But there is a lot going on as you would expect managing an entire Army rather than a Corps. So there is a lot to keep you busy even though the game speed is slower.

I would like to get your feedback on how important the game speed is to you.

BigDuke66

It surely is of some importance.
I haven't tried these scenarios so I wonder what specs are needed to run them at max speed.