Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

1939 The first blitzkrieg [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hubee0

hubee0 submitted a new resource:

1939 The first blitzkrieg - 1939 Beskid and Piotrkow battles scenarios

!939 Estab file(s) for Polish Army and Wehrmacht forces in Sept. 1939. Two scenarios:
1. Battle in Beskid moutains 2-4 Sep. 1939 between Polish 10 Cavalry Brigade (motorized) and German XVIII Armeekorps (2nd Panzer and 4th Light division). Also fictional scenarios with more motorized units on Polish side.
2. Battle of Piotrkow 4-6 Sep. 1939 between Polsih north group of "Prusy" Army and German XVI Armeekorps (1st and 4th Panzer Div.). "What if" reinforcement schedule available.

Scenario...

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: Bie

hubee0

Translation of the scenario briefings
Beskid_wysp_zach.cop:
Historical scenario.
Defense of the Western Island Beskid mountains (Rabka - Jordanów - Kasina Wlk.) by Polish 10th Cavalry Brigade (motorized) between 2nd and 4th of September 1939. The brigade was supported by the 1st Border Defense Regiment (mountain). The Brigade's task was to prevent the enemy from leaving the mountain passes and mastering the roads to Myslenice and Nowy Targ. Such a move of German troops would allow them to exit at the rear of the withdrawing "Krakow" Army.
German forces include the XVIII Armeekorps with 2nd Panzer and 4th Leichte (light) divisions plus some elements of the 3rd Mountain Division.
The great advantage of German troops means that delaying the enemy and keeping the Krzczonow-Lubien-Mszana line are considered to be the ultimate success of the Polish side.
The German side should in turn secure all key positions in order to ensure uninterrupted traffic towards North-East.
The historical situation ended after three days of intense fighting, with 10 BK still keeping positions around Kasina Wielka. and north of Krzczonow. Thanks to this, the German advance was slow and forces of the "Krakow" Army got valuable time to retreat and avoid ouflanking.

Piotrkow 3-6_09.COP:
Historical scenario of defense of approaches to Piotrkow Trybunalski town by the "Prusy" Army between 4 and 6.09.1939.
From 1st to 3rd September 1939, German XVI Armeekorps broke the polish border defense between "Krakow" and "Lodz" armies. 1st and 4th Panzer divisions of this corps rushed trough the gap, moving north towards Warsaw. On their way, stood the reserve "Prusy" Army. Its original task was to counterattack and destroy any enemy force threatening the capital. However, on September 4th, the army was still in the process of mobilization. Understrength northern group of the Army only allowed to stop or delay the German advance, which was aiming between Belchatow and Piotrkow Trybunalski, on the axis of Czestochowa-Tomaszow.
German forces include 1 and 4 Panzer Divisions. The Polish force consists of 2nd "Legions" Inf. Regt (elite), 146 Inf. Regt. (reserve), 19 Inf. Div., Wilno Cavalry Brigade, 29 Inf. Div. (from 5.09) and 2 Light Tank Battalion. Selecting the option "favorite Allies" switches to a fictional scenario, where significant additional forces on the Polish side are available - 1 Light Tank Battalion and Warsaw Armoured-Motorized Brigade.
The historical situation ended with the total breakdown of Polish troops, despite their theoretically significant power.

Last edited:

hubee0

;)
That was my dilemma. I could have used English and gain more interest from abroad but make the scenarios a bit awkward to play for polish players. Or use Polish assuming that polish players will be a majority among those interested. I don't know.
I thought about making two language versions of the scenarios, but it is tedious to do and hard to support.

Last edited:
;)
That was my dilemma. I could have used English and gain more interest from abroad but make the scenarios a bit awkward to play for polish players. Or use Polish assuming that polish players will be a majority among those interested. I don't know.
I thought about making two language versions of the scenarios, but it is tedious to do and hard to support.
I took a look at your scenarios, and find them interesting.

My university degree is in communications arts with a focus on journalism.

For a time I practiced professionally both as a writer and an editor. I found those skills very useful even though my career transitioned into US Army logistics program development in support of new Army vehicle systems.

If you'd like help with translating your briefings into English, send me the Polish versions of the documents you use, and I'll use Google Translate to get them into English verbiage. I'll then refine them into more traditional English grammar for your English-speaking audience and send them back so you can plug them into your "English" scenarios. Just make sure you clearly label the top of each narrative where each document fits into the Scenario briefings. I'll retain the Polish labels in the editing so you remember where to put the translations.

Aside from taking a break for the formal Christmas and New Year's holidays, it should only take a couple to three days to translate and edit.

Send them to me in a zipped file in PM here. I'll return them in the same manner.

The only compensation I ask is a "thanks" when it's done.

hubee0

jimcarravallah,
I appreciate your offer, thank you very much for your interests and the will to help!
But the problem is not just translations of briefings and scenario descriptions. I can do it (and I've done it actually) by myself. As a native speaker and professional editor you can do a much better job, but rather by improving my translations as Google ones can be very confusing (at least when translating Polish).
The issue is, a proper English version of my scenarios should use English also (at least) for unit naming and unit labels. Not mentioning unit descriptions, weapons, vehicles etc. Moreover, I still modify and re-tune the scenarios. With two language versions I'll have to apply every fix twice. And a fix sometimes means several iterations together with test runs.
But anyway, I'll send you my translations of briefings and descriptions. That seem to be a good start :) Many thanks.

共工熙雲

Website
user.qzone.qq.com
I took a look at your scenarios, and find them interesting.

My university degree is in communications arts with a focus on journalism.

For a time I practiced professionally both as a writer and an editor. I found those skills very useful even though my career transitioned into US Army logistics program development in support of new Army vehicle systems.

If you'd like help with translating your briefings into English, send me the Polish versions of the documents you use, and I'll use Google Translate to get them into English verbiage. I'll then refine them into more traditional English grammar for your English-speaking audience and send them back so you can plug them into your "English" scenarios. Just make sure you clearly label the top of each narrative where each document fits into the Scenario briefings. I'll retain the Polish labels in the editing so you remember where to put the translations.

Aside from taking a break for the formal Christmas and New Year's holidays, it should only take a couple to three days to translate and edit.

Send them to me in a zipped file in PM here. I'll return them in the same manner.

The only compensation I ask is a "thanks" when it's done.
jimcarravallah,
I appreciate your offer, thank you very much for your interests and the will to help!
But the problem is not just translations of briefings and scenario descriptions. I can do it (and I've done it actually) by myself. As a native speaker and professional editor you can do a much better job, but rather by improving my translations as Google ones can be very confusing (at least when translating Polish).
The issue is, a proper English version of my scenarios should use English also (at least) for unit naming and unit labels. Not mentioning unit descriptions, weapons, vehicles etc. Moreover, I still modify and re-tune the scenarios. With two language versions I'll have to apply every fix twice. And a fix sometimes means several iterations together with test runs.
But anyway, I'll send you my translations of briefings and descriptions. That seem to be a good start :) Many thanks.
Wait until the English version of the production is completed.Can I translate it into Chinese?

hubee0

Hi, I have replaced "The first Blitzkrieg" resource with a new version called "Fall Weiss". Please move any discussion to a neighbour thread.

hubee0

This resource has been removed and is no longer available for download.

Status
Not open for further replies.