Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Armor

frank oliver

HI, German optics industry was the best in the world prior to World War 11, German weapons had the ability to see and engage opponents at ranges far in excess of what their Allied counterparts were capable of. therefore I use -1 DRM for to hit rolls German armor only.Tiger crews were the most highly trained crews in ww 2. I use a -2 for to hit rolls for tigers.NEXT, German steel was the best Quality steel in the world. A 100mm of us steel was the same as 120mm of German steel. that's why the US 76mm gun could penetrate 100mm of US steel but couldn't penetrate 100mm of German steel using standard AP rounds. I use a +1 to the 1d6 MAV for Germans.

David Gray

I take it you don't believe any of those things were factored into the design?

And how to account for the radically higher break down rate for much of German armour?

Cantatta

Here are a German Tiger I, a British Sherman Firefly IIC and an American Sherman M4A3E8 'Easy-Eight', for comparison.
The Tiger I tank appears to have much better armor all round, compared to the two Sherman tanks
TigervsSherman_1.jpg

Here we see the To-Hit tables for the same three tanks. These clearly show that the German tank has a much better long-range capability, as compared to the two Sherman tanks. It would appear that the design differences between tanks have been addressed by the game's design, if these comparisons are any indication. The German tanks in LnLT don't need any help, at least not in my experience.

TigervsSherman_2.jpg

It wasn't until the American Pershing and British Comet hit the scene in early 1945 that American and British tanks were more of a match for the Tiger and Panther in a straight up fight. Even then, there were no guarantees who would come out the victor.