Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Artillery vs tanks

Anton

If buttoned tank is attacked by offboard artillery or mortar, could it cause damage to the tank?

Rydo

If buttoned tank is attacked by offboard artillery or mortar, could it cause damage to the tank?
Yes. I think first you need to check if the tank is hit, then do the standard Ordance-VS-Vehicle procedure using the lowest armor factor of the tank ( the top of the tank is considered less protected ).

Hugs!

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
17.4 Mortars and Artillery vs. Armored Vehicles
Onboard Mortars and off-board indirect fire (18.0) affect vehicles the same as small-arms fire; however, both OPEN AND BUTTONED armored vehicles compare their lowest armor factor and terrain TM plus 1d6 to the attacker’s FP plus 1d6. A vehicle with an unarmored facing is attacked as if it were unarmored.

Anton

17.4 Mortars and Artillery vs. Armored Vehicles
Onboard Mortars and off-board indirect fire (18.0) affect vehicles the same as small-arms fire; however, both OPEN AND BUTTONED armored vehicles compare their lowest armor factor and terrain TM plus 1d6 to the attacker’s FP plus 1d6. A vehicle with an unarmored facing is attacked as if it were unarmored.
Stéphane, thank you. That rule is not 100% clear for me. Does it mean that even if tank is buttoned it will be attacked as if it opened with DFT result, correct?

Anton

Yes. I think first you need to check if the tank is hit, then do the standard Ordance-VS-Vehicle procedure using the lowest armor factor of the tank ( the top of the tank is considered less protected ).

Hugs!
Rydo, I think that hit check is not needed because its automatic.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Stéphane, thank you. That rule is not 100% clear for me. Does it mean that even if tank is buttoned it will be attacked as if it opened with DFT result, correct?

Yes, that is one way to put it :)