Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Command Ops 2 Limited Time Offer Bundle Pack Coming Soon

Werewolf13

...Paypal is our merchant of choice. You can not use PayPal if you have a Pledge or Pre-order together with a product in stock.

I hope that explains everything if not let me know.

David

I've had CO since the very 1st iteration and CO2 has been on my want list since it was 1st announced. Looking forward to it a lot. Unfortunately if PayPal is the only payment option then I will be passing. You see - PayPal is a very hardcore anti 2nd Amendment company. I refuse to do business with them because of that.

As I said I really, really hope that there are other payment options.

Rob

I've had CO since the very 1st iteration and CO2 has been on my want list since it was 1st announced. Looking forward to it a lot. Unfortunately if PayPal is the only payment option then I will be passing. You see - PayPal is a very hardcore anti 2nd Amendment company. I refuse to do business with them because of that.

As I said I really, really hope that there are other payment options.

Hi,

I just checked the homepage Werewolf13 and they also accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.

Rob.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Not at this stage. I won't have time for that. I think you will find the changes we have made to be very intuitive. I will gladly explain things here on the forum as you ask them. We will look to doing a new manual or tutorial movies next year (which isn't far away now;)).

EzraNehemiah

Pardon my ignorance. Will CO2 update CO1? I still don`t get the package deal for those that have been loyal from the beginning?
What is the point of playing CO1 if CO2 is to be the coveted version?
Do I need to repurchase CO2?
I`m sorry if you have to repeat anything. It`s my frontal lobotomy:)--from the 60`s.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
No worries Ezra. At times I think I'm the one with a frontal lobotomy. :)

No CO2 will NOT update CO1. We can't do that because we don't have access to Matrix serial numbers. This means that you have to purchase the CO2 data modules. You do NOT have to purchase the CO2 game engine. This is provided free. You only need purchase the data modules. There will be five data modules covering the old HTTR, BFTB (two modules), Greece and Mediterranean (new). These will each sell for $30. However, for a limited time (90 days after release) we will offer a bundle deal where you can purchase all five modules for $50. This is our way of making it cost effective for existing customers to make the switch to CO2.

Please note that under the new business model you only pay for data. You will always be able to get the latest version of the engine for free. When we release a major update to the engine you will have to upgrade your data at that time to use the new engine. You can of course not upgrade and use the previous version of the engine as you see fit. We aim to make two major updates a year. For each major update we will offer a bundle deal where you can upgrade all of your existing data for a capped fee. The capped fee will be $50 for the next major update and most likely remain at that for the foreseeable future.

This model is different to the traditional way of releasing a game with the data content embedded into the one package. Your outlays with our system are for new data modules and the upgrades to your existing module. So if you like you can think of it in the traditional terms of us releasing two new games each year. But unlike that system with our new approach you always get access to the latest engine and, provided you upgrade, you can use it to run all your scenarios.

Does that help explain it better?

ioticus

So you are saying it will cost $100 a year ($50 for each update) to stay current with the system? And these are just engine updates, not new scenarios which will cost an additional $30 each?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
So you are saying it will cost $100 a year ($50 for each update) to stay current with the system? And these are just engine updates, not new scenarios which will cost an additional $30 each?
Yes, if we can achieve two updates per year. But that will depend on a number of factors but primarily on whether or not I can afford to work on the engine full time. Also the cost of an upgrade may be reduced if it's not as significant in terms of features. Also note that you are at liberty to skip an upgrade. So you could limit yourself to say only one upgrade per year. That would be your choice.

Joe98

Sometimes on a PC, some software can interfere ( I have another word on the tip of my tongue but can't get it out) with other software.

Please confirm that CO1 and CO2 will not adversely affect each other.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Sometimes on a PC, some software can interfere ( I have another word on the tip of my tongue but can't get it out) with other software.

Please confirm that CO1 and CO2 will not adversely affect each other.

No they should not. But I have yet to test that here. However, I am very confident they won't. I will test this as soon as I can but not this week. In any event you can test this when we release the beta of CO2. Remember it will be free. So you can download it and test it on your machine. If there is a problem we'll address it then.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Well it hasn't gone to plan today. It's been one of those days when nothing goes right. We've had lightning strikes cause two major outages here. I had to get tech support in to get the system back up. My youngest needed help when their car broke down on the freeway. My wife needed help on another matter and all the time I'm taring my hair out trying to write code. Why does Xmas do this to us?

john connor

It's not really important to get it out for Xmas, of course. In any case there's not much time to play right around Xmas itself. lol.

Rob

These will each sell for $30. However, for a limited time (90 days after release) we will offer a bundle deal where you can purchase all five modules for $50. This is our way of making it cost effective for existing customers to make the switch to CO2.

Hi,

Am I correct in assuming the 90 day limit for the $50 super bundle will commence from the "official and final" release version date and NOT from the fast approaching beta version release date?

Rob.

luigi

Dear Dave, I'm sorry but there is still one thing I do not understand regarding price policies.

Let me recap.

The engine is free: i.e. CO 2.0.

Every major update of the engine will cost 50$, i.e. CO 2.1, CO 2.2, ... will cost 50$. Anyhow, I will be able to skip some updates. For example I could only buy CO 2.3.

Data packs will cost 30$ each.

There will be a sale every time CO gets a major update to allow people to get the update for all the data packs previously released for 50$.

Lets say I buy now all the data pack at 50$ and I grab for free CO 2.0. Then I buy for 50$ CO2.1. At that time should I also spend other 50$ for updating the data packs I already own to properly use CO 2.1?

If this is the case I will spend in one year:
0$ CO2.0
50$ data pack
50$ CO 2.1
50$ updated data pack
50$ CO 2.2
50$ updated data pack

So 250$ per year to constantly be up to date with your game. Is this right?

A second question: if I own CO 2.1 can I play online with somebody with CO 2.0?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
luigi,

No there will be no charge for the updates to the engine. The engine will always be free. You only pay to buy or upgrade data modules. If we put out a major upgrade to the engine then you will need to upgrade your data modules if you want to run them with the latest engine. But you are not obliged to upgrade your data modules. You can instead use the older version of the engine to run them.

Example. in the next twelve months we plan to put out CO2.0 and CO2.1 as major updates to the engine. If you want to keep your data modules up to date with each engine update then you will pay $50 to update them to 2.0 and another $50 for 2.1 - ie a total of $100. We plan to put out the KOAD and Westwall data modules in the first half of next year at $30 each. Subject to when we finish the 2.1 engine update with mounted ops feature we plan to then release one maybe two east front modules. Let's assume we achieve that, then the most you would spend in the next twelve months would be $100 for updates plus $120 for new data modules. That's a total of $220. In effect you will have acquired five new data modules (Med, KOAD, Westwall East Front 1 and East Front 2). If we had sold each as a separate game then you would have paid something in the order of $250 and you would have not been able to play all your scenarios with the latest engine.

I would like to reiterate this point. You don't have to upgrade all or some of your data with each engine update. You could for instance opt to delay purchasing the 2.1 upgrade for instance till the 2.2 update comes out. Then you could buy the new modules for it and those for the earlier 2.1 update. This would save you $50.

For network play both players must have the same version of engine and use the same version of data ( ie scenarios, maps, estabs etc).

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Well it hasn't gone to plan today. It's been one of those days when nothing goes right. We've had lightning strikes cause two major outages here. I had to get tech support in to get the system back up. My youngest needed help when their car broke down on the freeway. My wife needed help on another matter and all the time I'm taring my hair out trying to write code. Why does Xmas do this to us?
Well today isn't getting any better. The car has just broken down. The tow truck should be arriving in half an hour and the mechanics say I may be lucky to get a new radiator in before they close for Xmas. I have to go and rescue my wife. It never rains.:eek:

luigi

luigi,

No there will be no charge for the updates to the engine. The engine will always be free. You only pay to buy or upgrade data modules. If we put out a major upgrade to the engine then you will need to upgrade your data modules if you want to run them with the latest engine. But you are not obliged to upgrade your data modules. You can instead use the older version of the engine to run them.

Example. in the next twelve months we plan to put out CO2.0 and CO2.1 as major updates to the engine. If you want to keep your data modules up to date with each engine update then you will pay $50 to update them to 2.0 and another $50 for 2.1 - ie a total of $100. We plan to put out the KOAD and Westwall data modules in the first half of next year at $30 each. Subject to when we finish the 2.1 engine update with mounted ops feature we plan to then release one maybe two east front modules. Let's assume we achieve that, then the most you would spend in the next twelve months would be $100 for updates plus $120 for new data modules. That's a total of $220. In effect you will have acquired five new data modules (Med, KOAD, Westwall East Front 1 and East Front 2). If we had sold each as a separate game then you would have paid something in the order of $250 and you would have not been able to play all your scenarios with the latest engine.

I would like to reiterate this point. You don't have to upgrade all or some of your data with each engine update. You could for instance opt to delay purchasing the 2.1 upgrade for instance till the 2.2 update comes out. Then you could buy the new modules for it and those for the earlier 2.1 update. This would save you $50.

For network play both players must have the same version of engine and use the same version of data ( ie scenarios, maps, estabs etc).
Thanks Dave and sorry for asking you
luigi,

Dave thank you so much for the detailed answer. I think I have finally understood the plan.

Best

Michael

hi all - i am very happy that co2 will come out soon but have one question - from where i get the game engine? from the lock´n load main page or from the forum? Or is there a page where i can download and buy the modules?

many thanks