Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Counter inventory

Perry Pender

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a full counter inventory available for the entire system, I am designing a module I am making and have punched all my games, but I need to know exactly what comes with each game so I know what you will need to pay a scenario and what needs to be made.

all the best

Perry

Rydo

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a full counter inventory available for the entire system, I am designing a module I am making and have punched all my games, but I need to know exactly what comes with each game so I know what you will need to pay a scenario and what needs to be made.

all the best

Perry
Why you need to know what counters were included in Heroes against the red star and Heroes of Normandy for example?

What module you're designing? Maybe we can help :)

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I can see many reasons to have a counter manifest for all LNL(T) products:

1) Where should I store this US squad that I just found in my cat's litter?
2) Are there any counters errata for this XYZ game?
3) I'm designing a scenario with M1 Abrams tanks. Where can I find the stats for these?
4) I'm designing a new module with T-54 tanks, which are quite similar to T-55. now, where did I saw T-55 in my LNL(T) products

So far, I have catalogued 9 444 counters (and I still have HOTG, HAP and HATRS to do). I can see the usefulness of a counter manifest :)

Perry Pender

Why you need to know what counters were included in Heroes against the red star and Heroes of Normandy for example?

What module you're designing? Maybe we can help :)

I am an old ASL player, WE Categorize and Inventory EVERY thing, also if I am designing a module I need to know what games a player needs to be able to play the scenario I design to go with said module. I am working on a module the same size as Dark July/Noville, which when done I will offer up to LnL to see if they would like to run with it.

Rydo

I am an old ASL player, WE Categorize and Inventory EVERY thing, also if I am designing a module I need to know what games a player needs to be able to play the scenario I design to go with said module. I am working on a module the same size as Dark July/Noville, which when done I will offer up to LnL to see if they would like to run with it.
Ok, but take in mind that some module's units were created to work with their own module primarly and if mixed some may not work ( armor factors amongst all ).

As an ASL player too i understand.

Not even a single hint about your module? ;)

Rydo

3) I'm designing a scenario with M1 Abrams tanks. Where can I find the stats for these?
4) I'm designing a new module with T-54 tanks, which are quite similar to T-55. now, where did I saw T-55 in my LNL(T) products

So far, I have catalogued 9 444 counters (and I still have HOTG, HAP and HATRS to do). I can see the usefulness of a counter manifest :)
And what about anzac first edition? You said you needed help but that you were full of work. Still need that help?

Perry Pender

Ok, but take in mind that some module's units were created to work with their own module primarly and if mixed some may not work ( armor factors amongst all ).

As an ASL player too i understand.

Not even a single hint about your module? ;)
It will be designed to work as a ww2 module and be able to be used with all LnL Tac ww2 items, same as Dark July and Noville. As to the subject matter, lets just say it is Normandy based and it involves a certain Panzer Commander and a Certain type of Panzer.

Rydo

It will be designed to work as a ww2 module and be able to be used with all LnL Tac ww2 items, same as Dark July and Noville. As to the subject matter, lets just say it is Normandy based and it involves a certain Panzer Commander and a Certain type of Panzer.
I can't wait to see more!

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
And what about anzac first edition? You said you needed help but that you were full of work. Still need that help?

Not for the counters but I may get back to you to update my scenarios roster and FAQ/errata documents

Perry Pender

I can't wait to see more!
I hope to have some teasers within the next 2 weeks (map is almost done and i want to show some counter ideas, I have 4 of the 8 scenario done, and the module will also contain a proper CG that covers the fighting during the day the module will depict, A further hint is the date and sector, 13th June 1944, British sector, west flank of the British line, that should be enough to go on;)

Rydo

I hope to have some teasers within the next 2 weeks (map is almost done and i want to show some counter ideas, I have 4 of the 8 scenario done, and the module will also contain a proper CG that covers the fighting during the day the module will depict, A further hint is the date and sector, 13th June 1944, British sector, west flank of the British line, that should be enough to go on;)
I sense SS and a lot of vehicles....

TerryB

Hi Stéphane,

Is there any news on your inventory? I was trying to compile a list of terrain/admin markers to be able to keep them separate from the unit counters.The typical AM/Fired/Moved etc. are commun anyway. Just a storage idea in the making :)

Have fun
Terry

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The inventory is done, although it is not error-free guaranteed and I have some errata that I would like to complete in another documetn but will not be able to until many months so... Send me a message with your email adress,a s I can't use the conversation system here, as it won't allow Excel and Word attachments

Rydo

The inventory is done, although it is not error-free guaranteed and I have some errata that I would like to complete in another documetn but will not be able to until many months so... Send me a message with your email adress,a s I can't use the conversation system here, as it won't allow Excel and Word attachments
Actually, there is a trick to send excell or word or any other file document on here, just change the extension of the document you want to send into " .pdf " and it allow you to send it, and then remember to tell the receiver to rename it into the right extension.

This way i sent the vassal version of the module checkpointcalvi to David Heat on conversation and he received it correctly :)

Example: Checkpointcalvi.vmod ---> Checkpointcalvi.pdf

Hope that could help!

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Thanks for the advice Rydo, although there might be a good reason why those extensions are not allowed :)

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I have not made any progress since my last post. The file is usableas is though, and I can send it to you when I get back from vacation. It will probably never get published, as it list many errata deems too insignificant to be corrected by LNLP (and I agree in most of the cases) and I don't want it to be used against LNLP, demanding publicly that all those errata to be corrected.