Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Dawn's Early Light: Abrams and Leopard

Dijon

I'm curious why the Abrams and Leopard II have a strength value of 4+1. Why not just write 5? Is the +1 used for something else besides attack? I get it for the T-80 (+1 doesn't apply at night) but I don't get the Abrams and Leopard +1. Can anyone help?

TXBlackRifle

It has to do with the unit's Strength Value also serving as it's "hit points". By stating their SV as 4+1, these units will start the game attacking with 5 Strength, but but be destroyed after suffering 4 hits. I think that if these units had their SV increased to 5, game balance would tilt heavily in favor towards the NATO forces.

Dijon

I knew I had to be missing something. Your answer makes perfect sense. Thank you very much for your help.

It has to do with the unit's Strength Value also serving as it's "hit points". By stating their SV as 4+1, these units will start the game attacking with 5 Strength, but but be destroyed after suffering 4 hits. I think that if these units had their SV increased to 5, game balance would tilt heavily in favor towards the NATO forces.