Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Day of Heroes

Tom Manning

upload_2017-10-14_21-46-0.gif upload_2017-10-14_21-46-0.gif

Again,I seek your sage advice..is this possible?
A Blackhawk flies across the board ..goes into hover mode in a hex adjacent to Somalis...can the helo Fires it’s weapons with a +2 modifier for being adjacent? Is the helo subject to OpFire before it makes its attack on the hex from qualified units?I assume the sniper can then fire after the helo
Thanks

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-14_21-46-0.gif
    upload_2017-10-14_21-46-0.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 0

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Yes it is possible, and it could even moves in the same hex as Somalis. Here is the sequence

1) Blackhawl fly across board and is subject to one OPfire from small arms and guided anti-aricraft weapon per hex traveled
2) Blackhawk moves adjacent to Somalis and is subject to one OPfire from small arms and guided anti-aricraft weapon
3) Blackhawk can decide to fire right away, provided the Somalis are already spotted (Flying choppers can't spot). It woudl get the +2 for being adjacent but also suffera penalty or being in flying mode
4) It could, instead of firing in Flying mode, shift to hover mode, which offer another OPfire opportunity, this time alowing attack with UNguided ordinance weapon
5) Being in Hovering mode now allows the Blachkawk to spot the Somalis if they were not already spotted and to fire without the penalty for flying chopper

See 13.94.2.1 for rules governing the Delta Sniper teams firing from a Blackhawk

Tom Manning

Stephane,
Thanks for answering my questions...in both venues....
I was under the impression that a flying helo was not subject to small arms fire...only Guided missiles......wrong?
I know that hovering changes this for both small arms and RPG fire...if within range...also understand the range is 1/2 for small arms when this occurs ..
I think the safest way to approach this maneuver is to attack an already exposed unit,thus avoiding OpFire..getting its 2+ to hit bonus and blasting away..
Are my conclusions sound?
And kudos to you and your knowledge...very impressed..most especially with your willingness and patience in helping out fellow LnL gamers!

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Yes, flying helos are subject to small arms. There is even a modifier for this on the DFT (and a different one for hovering helos)

And yes, your approach tactic is a sound one, even more so if there is no others units able to OPfire on your helo in range. Remember that being spotted does not mean said unit can't fire.

Can I make a friendly suggestion? Please post in only one forum; makes our job easier to answer you (and I know offical rep for LNLP follow all those) :)

Last edited:

Tom Manning

Thanks again...
I will be most happy to use one source...I’m going to assume that the LnL forums would be your preference?Im certain,I’ll be back as I am planning on running the scenario later this evening...

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Yes, here is the best place to ask your question.

Enjoy your game this evening!