Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

EB6 Hell's Wings end turn & activation question

Warren Smith

I'm a little confused as to the intent of the formation activation rules for the Hell's Wings scenario.

So, the scenario states that "if none of a player's formations are activated during a turn ... he returns the End Turn markers to the cup on the following turn immediately after ONE of his formations is activated. That makes sense.

Now, normally playing the game, if multiple formations do not activate, you keep out the EoT markers until all unactivated formations activate. But, does it makes sense that if NONE of the 3 Soviet formations activate, then potentially only a single formation may get to activate next turn, but that if 2 of the 3 do not activate, both of those formations are guaranteed to activate the following turn?

Or, is perhaps the intent that no matter how many formations do not activate, when any of them activates on the next turn that the EoT markers go back in? That's not what it says, but to be what it says doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Perhaps I'm missing something?

Thanks for any comments/help.

Keith Tracton

Staff member
I'm a little confused as to the intent of the formation activation rules for the Hell's Wings scenario.

So, the scenario states that "if none of a player's formations are activated during a turn ... he returns the End Turn markers to the cup on the following turn immediately after ONE of his formations is activated. That makes sense.

Now, normally playing the game, if multiple formations do not activate, you keep out the EoT markers until all unactivated formations activate. But, does it makes sense that if NONE of the 3 Soviet formations activate, then potentially only a single formation may get to activate next turn, but that if 2 of the 3 do not activate, both of those formations are guaranteed to activate the following turn?

Or, is perhaps the intent that no matter how many formations do not activate, when any of them activates on the next turn that the EoT markers go back in? That's not what it says, but to be what it says doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Perhaps I'm missing something?

Thanks for any comments/help.

Hi Warren,

I know that scenario rules can overrule the rules manual itself, but in this case I would play it that the manual is correct, and that you do not return the end turn marker to the cup until after ALL of your formations that did not activate last turn are activated in the current turn. We are editing the first drafts of the new Core Rules and that is how it is intended.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk