Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Errata sub-section

Ty Snouffer

Hi Ty!

I'm working on a scenarios' errata, on a voluntary basis (I don't work for LNLP). It is a long (and somewhat dull for most people) process to scour every forum and it is even more complexified by the existence of many versions/editions/printings of the various products, some of which I don't own anymore. Hopefully this Errata and clarifications document will be a comprehensive one and just requires maintenance :)

And thanks for your errata above

So you're taking the things posted here and perhaps elsewhere and creating a document out of it?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Yes, plus integrating previous FAQ ( I was he FAQ keeper for a while for LNL, back in time)

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The LNLT Compendium vol. 4 article Forgotten History article mention incorrectly that the Dak To scenario (bonus for preordering Band of Heroes 2nd edition) is included in said compendium. Same for Battle of Lang Vei. Those two were bonus scenario for preordering Forgotten Heroes 2nd edition

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
In Noville: Bastogne Outpost, 1-6-4-4 squads reduce to 0-5-4-4 half-squads on a even die roll and to 1-5-4-4 half-squads on a odd die-roll. Unfortunately, the most recent edition of this extension only have 0-5-4-4 half-squads in the countermix. Apparently, the 1-5-4-4 were "converted' to additionnal 1-5-4-5, at least in my copy.

Of course, one could simply decide that all 1-6-4-4 reduce only to 0-5-4-4. After all, they are stragglers :)

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The counter mix of Heroes of the Motherland is short of 1 German 2-6-4-5 Squad for the Keeping the Door Open scenario. Use one of those included in Heroes of Normandy or Swift & Bold

Ty Snouffer

For the Hot Pocket scenario from Heroes Against the Red Star

: The scenario calls for Lt. Petrov but the counter is Maj Petrov (minor but annoying)
: The scenario calls for 3x PKM SWs but doesn't designate which ones; there are two kinds
: The scenario calls for an Event Marker to be placed in A13; It should probably be AI3 but I can't say for sure.

Ty Snouffer

Many, if not all, units with ATGMs in Heroes Against the Red Star have a penetration value at the shortest range while the target number is "*." Those penetration values for the ATGMs should also be "*" at the shortest range.

Also, the definition of what "*" means is not detailed in the module rules.

I'm told via the boards it means firing at that range is not possible. That needs to be spelled out somewhere like with the ATGM rules. Not sure if it is used elsewhere.

Barthheart

Staff member
It is used elsewhere. * for HE values means you can't fire at soft targets. Some AT guns in the series have this.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Used also to indicate you can't fire beyond some range (panzerfaust), that a MG is of the 360 degres type and the vehicle need to be open to fire it, that some units can't move (sniper), etc.

Ty Snouffer

Roger. The Sniper is a good example. Just means it can't be done.

Maybe that is a common sense rule/definition. Certainly threw me last night though with the ATGMs. Maybe it was seeing it in a new context.

Thanks guys.

Ty Snouffer

For Red Backer One from Heroes Against the Red Star

The US Hero is assigned a skill of Charismatic. However, the skills play aid show Charismatic as a Leader skill not a Hero skill.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
This might not be an error. I've seen skills assigned to MMC in other scenarios and they were not errata

Ty Snouffer

I hear you, and I've seen it elsewhere too (although this is for a Hero SMC in this case), but why make the distinction at all? It just add confusion about what the actual rule is. I guess it is just extending the Hero's rallying capability. But again, why make a distinction? Other entries say Leader or Hero.

Probably not errata, but annoying inconsistency.

image.png

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
For the Hot Pocket scenario from Heroes Against the Red Star
: The scenario calls for 3x PKM SWs but doesn't designate which ones; there are two kinds
: The scenario calls for an Event Marker to be placed in A13; It should probably be AI3 but I can't say for sure.

You are right for the PKM but only one of the two has more than one counter (the bipod) so you can safely assume it is the one called for here. As for the event marker, in Heroes of the Gap, it was AI13

EDIT: should have been AI3, not AI13

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I hear you, and I've seen it elsewhere too (although this is for a Hero SMC in this case), but why make the distinction at all? It just add confusion about what the actual rule is. I guess it is just extending the Hero's rallying capability. But again, why make a distinction? Other entries say Leader or Hero.
Probably not errata, but annoying inconsistency.

The distinction is that a hero created in play cannnot be assigned the Charismatic skill card. Being able to allow it to a hero at start allows more flexibility to scenario designer I guess.

Ty Snouffer

You are right for the PKM but only one of the two has more than one counter (the bipod) so you can safely assume it is the one called for here. Aas for the event marker, in Heroes of the Gap, it was AI13

True on the PKM, but someone playing on VASSAL only/primarily isn't going to see that.

AI13 would be a really strange place to put the event marker. 1) It would be in LOS of the Soviets pretty quickly. 2) The SSR references rubbling building as it moves. There are no buildings anywhere near AI13. AI3 makes sense.
image.png

Ty Snouffer

The distinction is that a hero created in play cannnot be assigned the Charismatic skill card. Being able to allow it to a hero at start allows more flexibility to scenario designer I guess.

Ah, good point.

It did confuse me and my opponent.

EDIT - Also, thanks for being a sounding board on these things. Good to talk it out.

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The word "make" is missing at the end of the first sentence under the Eagle Eye skill description in HOTN

Ty Snouffer

From Heroes Against the Red Star

The Module Rules & Scenario Book details 15.2.1 Modern Vehicle Assault Movement. In the game's double sided Rules Reference Card that section mentions a main gun modifier for Assault Movement/Ops Complete. That info is not in the Module Rules and Scenario Book.

The Modern Core Rulebook references 15.6 Optional Vehicle Size and Speed OFT DRMs. In HAtRS, these modifiers are on the Turn Tracker Sheet. There are several inconsistencies between the chart for vehicle size and the printed counters. For example, the table suggests that a T64 tank would be small and get a +1 modifier. However, the printed counter is not marked that way while other small targets are. Same for the T55 and the BRDM AT. Which should we follow the chart or the counters?