Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Estab editor woes

Rosseau

I am using latest version of the game. I load a vanilla (BFTBEstab) xml into editor and save it under another name. I make no changes. When I compile it, I get a lot of errors and of course cannot use it with a new scenario. Do you know what the problem might be?

I am using latest version of the game. I load a vanilla (BFTBEstab) xml into editor and save it under another name. I make no changes. When I compile it, I get a lot of errors and of course cannot use it with a new scenario. Do you know what the problem might be?
I believe your problem is with the image file, which gets named, but contains no images from the BFTBEstab.

I attempted the same steps you indicated, and received a number of errors for missing images, the final lines being most critical for creating a new COE file:

"ERROR: object 45 (side): Image 3555 was referenced but doesn't exist
ERROR: object 398 (side): Image 3567 was referenced but doesn't exist
0 sides imported
2 sides FAILED to import"

Since you have no "sides" in the new file (Axis and Allies in the original), the file will not compile.

To resolve this issue, you have to -- CAREFULLY -- copy all the image files from your BFTBEstab_images file, and save them to your new Estab_Images file so they can be found by the compiler when aligning the images with the Estabs during complation.