Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Estab Migration - New ScenMaker Feature

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I have made a decision to free up the modding of data for Estab. We will rely on the restrictions built in for Scenario files to protect our stock data. To this end I have just finished implementing a new feature into the release version of the ScenMaker which Miquel had worked on for the debug version. There is now a new Estab Migration menu item under the Tools menu. This will ask you to select a new Estab file and then ask you to save your current scenario under a new name and then it will migrate the estabs across to work with the forces in the scenario file. If there is an exact match then all well and good. The new scenario will be right to go. If it encounters a problem -eg a force with no comparable estab - it will throw an exception and say "This scenario cannot be played for the following reasons:" You will need to chase these down and assign valid estabs to each of the units identified.

Note that if you are migrating estab files to a stock scenario it will automatically change the new created scenario's file type to "derived".
Estab Migration.jpg

76mm

I've just bought this game, so don't understand what this means--will it allow me, for instance, to import an estab from a saved game to create a new scenario which reflects the end-game state in the original scenario?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I've just bought this game, so don't understand what this means--will it allow me, for instance, to import an estab from a saved game to create a new scenario which reflects the end-game state in the original scenario?
No. An Estab refers to the base data for the forces. It is independent of any particular scenario or saved game. What this feature is about is the ability of a scenario designer to clone an existing scenario and replace the existing estabs with a new modified set of estabs. Eg. We want to try replace all Mk IVs in German Pz Coy s with King Tigers. Then you would open the estab file in the EstabEdito, change the vehickle type in the German Pz Coy estab, save the Estab file as "MyNewUberEstab" and then open the desired scenario and migrate the estab file to use the new one.