Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Extracting data from Command Ops2?

slippy

Hi all

i am a new member here, i have not really been into operational level games before but came across this site whilst searching for something else.

First of all a bit of history. i used to play a lot of the Combat Mission titles, such as CMAK, CMBB and CMBO. I eventually grew a little tired of them due to no operational layer so that games had no meaning as such and were just a series of separate battles.

Recently i have downloaded the demos for CMx2, such as CMBN, CMRT etc. I really like the look of them but again fear i may eventually get tired of them due to a lack of operational layer. In discussion over at the battlefront forums it appears there are quite a few with the same reservations, so much so, that a few clever people have found away to integrate CM with the John Tiller series of PzC titles, whereby they use PzC for the operational game then resolve certain battles with CM.

In order to do this they need to extract data from PzC before a mission such as OOB's, fatigue, supply etc and use this to make a CM battle. They then use the data from a completed CM battle to re-insert the results into PzC and then carry on playing.

It sounds a bit complicated, and i have not tried it myself yet, but i am assured that when you get the hang of it it is pretty swift to do.

So finally i get to my question !

Do any of you here familiar with the game mechanics of Command Ops 2 think it would be possible to use CO2 instead of PzC? Can you extract data before a battle for use in CMx2 battles then input any results back?

I am going to download the core game of CO with a view to buy it, but it would be ideal for me if there were someway to 'combine' the two games as they both appeal to me.

Many thanks for any replies

slippy