Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Fire Combat, LOS, Casualties OH MY!!!

docsmann

Sorry, these questions may have already been asked and answered. But I can't find any responses that seem to clear my issues up. Please bear with me.

1. How do shaken counters defend when engaged?
2. Terrain in 1J5 (lite jungle) is degrading while terrain in 1K4 (bamboo huts) is blocking. Does this affect the squad in 1J5 from having a LOS to 1K4?
3. If the VC has the initiative and moves a counter within range and LOS of a US unit, the US unit can use opportunity fire to engage the VC (got that part correct).
a. Once the US has the chance to activate during the impulse, can the unit(s) that opportunity fired (OF) conduct any other actions during THAT impulse?

Thank you for your help.

Marvin

Last edited:

docsmann

1. Taking time to read the rules deeper, units that move during an impulse cannot fire in THAT impulse, is that correct?

2. Can units conduct two different actions during one turn (e.g. can a unit move in one impulse of a turn then say...fire later in another impulse of the same turn?

Barthheart

Staff member
1. Shaken units defend the same as good order(GO) units when fired upon, but use the morale value on the shaken side as it can be different than the GO side.

2. Not quite sure what you are asking but because the hexes are adjacent, at least I think they are without the map in front of me, there is always clear LoS to an adjacent hex.

3a. Once they have Op fired they can do nothing else for the rest of the TURN.

docsmann

Bart, sorry I'm still confused on Shaken units defending when fired upon. In the case of a VC 1-4-3-4 squad when flipped to its shaken side it shows *-*-2-3. When shaken units defend, do they revert back to using their GO side values?

Thank you for your assistance.

Marvin

Barthheart

Staff member
Nope, they use their *-*-2-3 side. When defending from being shot at they only ever need their morale value to check for damage.
Defending unit never use their firepower to defend from being shot at, only in melee.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
1. Taking time to read the rules deeper, units that move during an impulse cannot fire in THAT impulse, is that correct?

It is correct, unless the unit can assault/stealth move

2. Can units conduct two different actions during one turn (e.g. can a unit move in one impulse of a turn then say...fire later in another impulse of the same turn?

No, unless the unit can assault/stealth move