Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

First Decisive Victory

Pvt_Grunt

Hi Everyone
I've only just started playing this game again. I did play the Crete demo many years ago but went back to Close Combat.
This time I've decided to spend more time on a game that gets many good reviews, but is known to be difficult to learn.
SO, after 5 battles mostly stalemates, and with a few hours reading these threads it's paid off with a Decisive Victory!
Totally hooked now...........
Peiper.jpg
Grunt

Hi Everyone
I've only just started playing this game again. I did play the Crete demo many years ago but went back to Close Combat.
This time I've decided to spend more time on a game that gets many good reviews, but is known to be difficult to learn.
SO, after 5 battles mostly stalemates, and with a few hours reading these threads it's paid off with a Decisive Victory!
Totally hooked now...........
View attachment 7010
Grunt
Congratulations!

The more you play the game, the more addictive it becomes.

Pvt_Grunt

Can't say I've ever done that, in that scenario, playing as Axis. Well done.
I have needed to change my strategy. I have played a lot of SSG's Battles in Italy game, where you move a large front of units forward, keeping the front line intact.
In this game, however, I've learned that's not how you win. It's blitzkrieg, so I've stopped worrying about the front line and press my KG's forward. Leave some strong groups behind on bridges and objectives, but the main force needs to push on. Supply hasnt been a probem due to the short time span of the scenarios. Good fun! :)