Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Flames in Heroes of the Motherland

JKC

In the Rattenkrieg scenerio in HoM the SSR says that Flames go out on the 1-4 roll and burn on a 5-6 roll. The counters say the opposite: Flames burn with 1-4 and go out with 5-6. Which applies?
Thanks.
John

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Rules 21.6 in the Modules rules says that Whenever Flames are in play, the rules for them are presented in the scenario's Special Scenario Rules so I'd go with the SSR.

Note that the counters in Not One Step Back (NOSB) 1st edition and NOSB Digital Edition (NOSBDD), ancestors of Heroes of the Motherland (HOTM), were 1-4 Out, 5-6 Burn. The counters in in HOTM 3" box are indeed 1-4 Burn, 5-6 Out. Not sure about NOSB 2n edition of HOTM 1" box. Could anybody owning these last two check for us?

The scenario card in NOSBDD indicate 1-4 Out, 5-6 Burn in the SSR, jsut like in HOTM3. Don't know for the other editions. Could anybody owning them check for us?

I'll admit that 1-4 Burn, 5-6 Out makes for more interesting games :) Last time I played Rattenkrieg, the fire fizzled out rather quicly

JKC

Thanks very much Stephane. I'm going to play Rattenkrieg with 1-4 Burn and 5-6 Out.

However, there's an errata to be done on this for the next rules update, no?

John

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
It is duly noted, rest assured but is it a counter errata (it seems so) or a scenario errata ? Only Dale Holmstrom would know for sure :)

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Will actually errata the SSR to match the counters in HOTM. makes for a more interesting situation

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Much easier to adjust the SSR than the counters :) And, as I said, more interesting situations will result from this

Echo419

I'm playing this scenario now and wondering which is correct too. The result of my die roll actually hinges on it lol. Which is most likely correct?

Edit: upon rereading the posts here it seems you guys are deferring to the counters.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Yes, and this will be indicated in the next version of the LNLT Clarifications & Corrections document