Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Gamble and Scramble playing as Allies

Daz

I would say the problem with the AI not putting in concentrated attacks has been fixed Pete!

Take a look at this screenshot of two very powerful attacks going in on the morning of Day 3.

Even better, when the attack on Tirnavos fails because I managed to insert my mobile reserve into the town, the AI withdraws, reforms and attacks again the next morning, with another two very powerful attacks into my soft flanks and attempts to encircle me!

Excellent tactics by the AI.
I'll post the screenshot from the morning of day 4 later.
GnS-D3-0837.jpg

Daz

Meanwhile at exactly the same time, my perimeter in the North has been penetrated and a concentrated attack has begun on Elasson.

My mobile reserve has already been committed to Tirnavos!
Its time to look for some situational reserves I can pull out of quiet sectors, or I may just close the gap they made in the perimeter sealing them in and see how they react to that,
They don't look to have secured their flanks very well.
GnS-D4-0935-Elasson.jpg

Daz

Evening of D4.
The attack on Elasson has been fought to a standstill, and the outer perimeter has been sealed again, locking one base outside and routing another.

I think the time is looking about right for a counter attack.
GnS-D4-2001.jpg

Daz

Meanwhile in the south around Tirnavos, a series of small counterattacks into the flank of the penetration, from within the pocket of the town has cut off its tail and virtually destroyed it.
The Axis appears to have switched to the defensive in this area as well now.
GnS-D4-2001Tirnavos.jpg

Daz

Yeah they have taken a bit of a battering ;)

The counter attack in the North at Elasson is due to start about midnight.
I only have one Artillery Battery with 12 X 25 pdr guns that are able to support the attack as the other two Batteries are inside Elasson, and within the minimum bombard distance.

This is as far as I can go at the moment as the CTD happens in 7 min.
GnS D4 2210-01-01-01.jpg

Last edited:

Daz

As day breaks onto day 5, after a punishing counter attack on the encircled enemy units north of Elasson the Enemy AI has decided to "Throw in the Towel".
GnS Surrender-01.jpg

Last edited: