Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Game Update

Steve Overton

Finally had the time to get the 2nd rough draft of the rules done. Took all my notes and the new graphics and piled them into a draft the playtesters can use. Then to make matters even better I sent that draft to the guy doing the editing so we can clean them all up and get them ready to turn in to LnLP.

Good Hunting.

MR

Steve Overton

We are continuing to edit the rules and work on the expanded scenarios.

With that in mind the final scenario mix has been fixed.

Several new counters were added to the mix. This may not reflect the last change to the counter mix but it is getting much closer. By the end of summer the game should be ready to turn over to LnLP for printing. That's the goal at least.

Here are the new vehicles added to the counter mix.

AH-1
UH-60
OH-58
M-60A3
M966

BMP-1
BRDM 3

Z New Counters 1.png

Good Hunting.

MR

Last edited:

Steve Overton

Working hard to get the rules edited, counter sheets created, charts made, box created... all to be ready for the WBC con if it can be done.

Good Hunting.

Steve Overton

Been busy getting ready for WBC and getting physical playtest kits ready for distribution.

While doing that I've gone over every single counter.

Here are some of the changes that playtesting and my decision making process have come up with.

First we have the new Hero counters. They may activate anyone with a clear LOS to them.

28 Harmon_Hero F.png

12 Sarokin_Hero F.png

Good Hunting.

Steve Overton

Weapons with back blast are now marked with a back blast cone.

These weapons may not be fired in a building.

7 AT4 1.png

10 FIM_92 F.png

113 RPG29V Fa.png

Good Hunting.

MR

Steve Overton

Adding a mark, in the upper left corner, to the basic 50 card Tactical Event Card Deck.

This will allow me to have more than 50 cards in the choices. I'll have some options that you can choose to include in your Tactical Event Draw Deck. The cards that will be included will have an equal number of cards removed. That will keep the draw deck at 50.

U Close Air Support_UD2.png

Good Hunting.

So, just joined the forums and facebook site. I Like what i see but is there any way to see more of the game? I have a play test app in. I have play tested some other systems out there. Hope to see more from this game so. bring it on and good hunting as ya say.:cat::cat::cat:

Rydo

So, just joined the forums and facebook site. I Like what i see but is there any way to see more of the game? I have a play test app in. I have play tested some other systems out there. Hope to see more from this game so. bring it on and good hunting as ya say.:cat::cat::cat:
The game system is under heavy playtesting. I'm part of it and we're testing this beast to the ground, almost every day or most of the days a week.

After i get out of a tricky situation i'm currently in, i'll ask Steve if i can make video updates and game sessions.

Keep Hunting. :cigar:

Robert Gamble

Saw a post on Consimworld that things are heating up. But can't find any evidence anywhere else that this is so..

I like the original Fireteam, having had the opportunity to play it once. The one issue my friend had was that it felt more important to spend Command Points on units near the front rather than reinforcements. Wondering if this seems to be an issue in any of the playtests or whether something has changed with regards to command points (perhaps one free 'move' by reinforcements, who after all must have received an order to come to the battlefield...)?

Rydo

Saw a post on Consimworld that things are heating up. But can't find any evidence anywhere else that this is so..

I like the original Fireteam, having had the opportunity to play it once. The one issue my friend had was that it felt more important to spend Command Points on units near the front rather than reinforcements. Wondering if this seems to be an issue in any of the playtests or whether something has changed with regards to command points (perhaps one free 'move' by reinforcements, who after all must have received an order to come to the battlefield...)?
Hi, i'm one of the playtesters.
Me and Steve are going to test a scenario in a few hours, so things are moving forward.

Usually the least amount of command points you get is 3 if there are no leaders, units that enters the map can move all togeter into a single movement order, with a double-time card they can move twice their value, so reinforcements are not an issue to be put onto the front lines.

We've never had that kind of issue really.

You need to master command and control, leaders are crucial to winning a scenario as the good ones will provide the flexibility you need.

Since they can activate all units within their command radius for one order in total.

Of course if you lose them or spread your forces too much you will lose that coordination and the whole force will act more slowly.

You may think that this way you'll have to have huge stacks to beign able to play...false...that way will make you lose almost certainly as a single shot can break an entire stack.

You'll have to adapt and spread just like units would naturally do in real life...i don't know how to describe it but this game is incredible.

I'm not allowed to show anything as per playtester contract but if i could...i would show you an entire match!

Steve Overton

Reinforcements normally have leaders with them. Leaders generate Command Points. So, if you, the player, decide to spend the CP's generated by the Leaders with the reinforcements else where. Well, that's on you.

Reinforcements come in lots of different shapes and sizes. Sometimes you only get to bring a certain size of force in. By that I mean you may have 10 infantry and 2 Leaders as reinforcements and you only get to bring on 4 per turn. You, then, have to decide who comes in and when.

They are set to be brought into the fight in my scenarios. That's what they are for, is to come and fight. So, they are setup where you can bring them on and get them to the fight.

The system also does address one of the issues your friend identified. Some units get isolated and drop out of the fighting or have the fighting move away from them. That's how combat actions work. It's hard to keep a force together and focused. So, I like the way that works out in the long run. The longer you fight in the KN system the less command and control you will be able to exercise over the entire force. That's when you find out how the axiom of 10% of the people do 90% of the fighting comes from.

Hope this helps...

Good Hunting.

MR