Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

HONA Rocking The Kasbah/Map 43 Hills question

PeterA

20180802_090206.jpg I don't know why this is hanging me up but it is. I may be seeing shading where it's not or not seeing shading where it is, particularly around the Kasbah. For me the obvious Level 1 hill hexes are C8, D8, D7, E7 E6, F7, G6, H7, I6, M5, N8, N7, N6. I don't think M6 is and certainly not K6. So my question is really about J6, K5 and L6, that surround the entrance to the Kasbah. Is it surrounded by a wall of Level 1 hills causing the Americans to crest the hills? I'm also kind of confused by the different shading in G8, I8, J8, K7, L8, M7 and M8. As I'm typing this out I'm wondering if they designate a Level 2 hill? So maybe K6 is Level 1?

As a tactical aside, if the Kasbah is protected by Level 1 hills where would you set up the Defending 75mm ATG WT, either J7/L7 (to fire adjacent to a tank cresting a hill) or K8 (right down the middle)?

Thanks, Pete

Barthheart

Staff member
The Kashbah is up on a 2 level hill.

So K4 is level 0, K5 is level 1, K6 is level 2, and K7 is level 2.

Likewise E8, F8,G7,G8,H8, I7,I8,M6,M7, & M8 are all level 2 hill hexes, as are all hexes of the Kasbah itself.

PeterA

Thanks Barthheart,
It all makes so much more sense. I can't believe I didn't realize the level 2 hills before. Certainly changes some things in my current play.