Clair C Member

Clair C submitted a new resource:

ConZ In-House Rules to World at War Series - World at War in-house rules

Read more about this resource...

2. Clair C

Clair C Member

3. Dijon

Dijon Member

I don't suppose you have a summary of the changes?

4. Dijon

Dijon Member

I have a question regarding NATO Fire and Movement. The house rules state that if a NATO unit announces fire and movement, it can only attack with half of its normal attack dice. The reward for doing this, however, only seems to be limiting WP AT missile overwatch fire to one die, as other overwatch fires are not limited. You indicate that: "This mechanic reflects NATO defensive firing doctrine to allow some tank sniping at advancing targets without enduring smothering enemy overwatch fire. Of course there are cases where the NATO wants to use maximum firepower, so it would get more enemy overwatch fire in return." I have bolded some words to show where there seems to be an inconsistency. As only one unit may conduct overwatch fire in response to the NATO unit firing, I don't see how, by firing at full strength, the NATO unit is subjected to more enemy overwatch fire. Other than WP AT missile attacks being limited to one die, there doesn't seem to be a difference. Am I missing something in rule description? I like the rules, but this one has me stumped.